• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

KSTP Channel 5 at 10

If you would like to see Arctic Armor in action, watch the 10 o'clock news on channel 5 tonight.

Walleyedan

Very cool Dan. (No pun intended) It was nice to actually see footage during the hardwater season. From the video, it looked like it was relatively easy climbing back out. Another great promotional piece. Make sure that you keep your back room stocked. I have a feeling there were a lot of skeptics watching as well as wives who just may have found the perfect christmas present for their outdoorsman.

CA

I don't think you can buy publicity like that.

I had no idea that a person would pop up like that in the water. My original thoughts were that it was just something that wouldnt sink you. But you popped up like a cork. That was nice to see.

Dan, can you talk a little about the water tightness of the suit? Were you drenched after going in, or did it do a good job keeping the water out?

For a follow up report, you should go to an Olympic diving platform, and jump off. I bet you would shoot back up and out of the water. It would be fun to watch smile.gif

looks as though you guys were having a little fun with that towards the end... but in all reallnes that suit is deffinitely changing how manufacuters are making the products more safe every year.... the next thing you know they will be making ice houses that do the same.... wouldnt that be something. or air bags on cars that deploy keeping you from going window deep....

I almost think the idea of having a car and/or house that would not sink would be worse. Just think of the (Contact Us Please) who would be out there on skim ice. I just got a suit from Dan and I love it. Had my window smashed in at Mille Lacs last night so I had to drive home home with 60 mph wind and was warm the whole way. AWESOME!!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. That is a classic, driving back with the broken window with Arctic Armor on. It is warm, sometimes I will have to keep the window down intentionally, doesn't sound like you had the option Otis frown.gif. We did get wet the other day when we did the story. I went through the first time and came back out with a little water running down by my rear and the back of my legs. Tom had the same experience. We didn't do much more than we would normally have done as far as preparing for the fall, dressed like normal. The second time I went in, I definitely was more wet but I was also in for a while longer. After my second plunge I walked back to my truck and by the time I made it there I was coming around already and was getting back up to temperature. I think the colder the air temp the worse off a person is going to be period. Last year when we went in my chest locked up pretty good, pretty fast. This year the air temperature was warmer and it wasn't quite as bad on the lungs. In fact I think it killed my sinus stuff that I had been dealing with for a couple of weeks. I believe the biggest thing I learned out of the whole ordeal was the fact that ice piks really do work. I saw an ad where Fleet Farm was selling them for $2.99, get them!

Walleyedan