• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Babblers area

Can we get some information going on the Babblers area. Ice thickness, Road conditions, fish quality, and any other bs you can think of. My first trip will be the first week in January.

I'm planning on hitting gull rock tomorrow... as of tomorrow I believe it's four-wheelers snow-mobiles only.

I'll let ya know.

any reports from the weekend from this area? heading up to fish friday and saturday and was wondering how the ice was and how the fishing was.

We went out, and it doesn't look like Richard is going to be opening the road up by this weekend. The ice ranges from around 14inches to about 10 inches, at least where we were fishing.

There's a pretty nasty breaker about a third of the way out to Gull rock, it wasn't too bad yesterday morning, but it broke up pretty good yesterday. We ended up unhooking the house, and jumping the fourwheeler over/through it, and then taking the house over by hand.

It did look like the rocky point resort was pulling their houses out with the little suzuki samurai's though, and they were going over the same breakers.

The fishing wasn't all that great, but what we did catch, was great size for the pan, Between two guys we caught maybe 12 fish total over two days, including a nice eelpout. We tried both east and west of the rock to the south, varying from about 22 feet of water, to 29. We had our best luck deeper oddly enough. We only caught two saugers.

We talked to five other fisherpersons, and we were doing by far the best out of everyone. So, I don't know if it's slow there, or we had bad luck... and they had bad luck, or that there were just so few people there that we didn't land in em. Both days we pretty much had the place to our selves, other than the people we talked to we didn't see anyone else, And even those people weren't fishing gull rock, at least not while we were.

Thanks for info. Did you happen to see if anyone was heading out to Arnesens, 8 or 16 mile reefs.

It looked like arnesons had some resort houses on it, other than that I saw nothing headed out past gull rock. There were only four houses at gull rock.

I would guess this weekend it'll get a lot more populated, and you'll probably get better answers then :-).

Course, with the temps on friday, maybe only the diehards will be out... I know I'll be inside where it's warm, that four-wheeler trip was bad enough this mornin lol.