Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish&Fowl

What's the report?

8 posts in this topic

Anybody been getting out on Union, Maple, or Sarah? Just wondering what the ice/slush conditions are...hoping to get out there this week or next weekend. I've never been on any of the bigger lakes around here yet but am looking forward to trying some new water. Thanks for any info!

Had the sled out on both Union and Maple on Friday, not as much slush as I thought there would be out there but when you did find it, seemed to be fairly big pockets and I didn't venture too far out on Union but on both lakes, it seemed like the slush was closer to shore.

It's been pretty cold the last few days so I think the ice is getting pretty good, buddy of mine said he had 8" last weekend on Maple.

Thats the best I can give you, don't see a whole lot of people fishing yet.

Good luck.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the update. I have the wheeler down here for now, do you think I'd be able to get around on that or is there too much snow and slush? It's a 4wd.

I see there are a couple 4 wheeler tracks going out from the access on Union, snow is pretty light yet so I don't think you'll have much trouble getting around. As for the slush, I didn't stick around to see how deep it was .....

Where I was on Maple, there were no 4 wheeler tracks but I heard they have been running out there.

Mike

All right thanks again for the info. I'm hoping to sneak out this weekend to take a break from studying finals smirk.gif

If you make it out, I'd play it safe and follow some other tracks first, especially Union, I didn't spend much time out there for a reason. I bet there are not more than 10 fish houses on the whole lake.

Mike

All right good to know. How about Sarah...does that get much fishing pressure? Seems like with the dark water it would be a good day bite lake. I'm used to fishing fairly stained water, and with the clarity of maple and union it seems like they'd be better during low-light conditions.

Sarah doesn't get much preasure at all, heard someone speared a pretty big pike out there this year, I'm not sure if it was Little Sarah or the main lake but one of them was pretty cloudy. Sometimes you can do pretty good right out in front of the public access.

I have no idea what the snow / ice conditions are on Sarah.

Mike