Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diago

Bowstring

10 posts in this topic

Any Reports on the ice on Bowstring? How much ice? Are atv's using it?

Thanks!!

Heard there was 8" before this cold(-25) this past weekend.Was over to the access (county 35) on the weekend and there was some snowmobiles out and also 4wheelers.

There is around 10 inches of ice on there... I was out there yesterday, and did quite well..... All i gotta say is, FISH ON!

Thanks for the information, How about sluch? Can you get a four wheeler out there?

Jim

midcoast, on what fish species did you do well on? i like fishing the lake but kind of go with the whatever bites mode. is the water clear enough to spear? woulg like to hit bowstring new years weekend.

The water is perty dark and the average pike is about 10", there's alot better lakes in the area to try to stick a slimer.

fishualik, thanks for the info. do you think a person could see in 7-8 ft of water? you can take 9 slimers out of there that would good for pickling. want to angle for whatever bites also. going over with 3-4 people.

just me again, any fish cooperating on the bow? in particular the north end.

Yeah, you could prolly see down about 5-6 ft. If you wanna get a bunch I would think bowstring would be a good lake. I'd start on the south side of the lake by cow bay. Don't forget about the huge crappies in there, too. It's no secret. They can be tough to find, but it can be great once ya get on 'em!

never made it to bowstring. did anyone else do anything on the bow? man was there slush on the lake we where on by talmoon.