• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zippel Bay

would very much like to wet my lines this morning. Any news from Zippel? Good ice, travel means, bite depth, etc... Fishinator

Fishing at Zippel has been real good and from what I heard, 23 ft. was excellent on Friday. There was alot of nice 17"-18" fish caught. You should have a Great Day if you venture over there. I believe ice depth was varying from 7"-10", that was the last report I got. Good Luck

Jason

www.hardwateradventures.com

[email protected]

well, made it out to zippel bay. Nick and his crew have again done a super job with the ice road. well marked and staked out the bad spots. Snow on the ice is not bad, easy to run the 4-wheeler. set up my portable in 22 ft. and jigged in 19 fish. kept 4 walleyes 2 saugers. released 2 in the mid 20's. broke the line on one hog and lost 2 more hogs. first ice fishing jitters i guess. good day i'd say. ice was 12" thick. fish..

nick started to let trucks drive to the sand bar today.i was up there on saturday and sunday.the fishing was great a couple saugers 15 to 17 inches and same for the walleyes.we limited out in no time at all.cant wait to get the sleeper out there

Dianna said the bite was a little slower yesterday but this morning was good in the shallows. She said the slush froze up again but trucks are still not going out past the island. Their going to bring out their houses first and then start with the customers sleepers. Wanna go up this weekend but since it's booked and they won't take out the big house gonna have to wait.

just talked to nick he is going ot check the ice in the mornin and see if its good enough for trucks.so there is a 50-50 chance we could be driving trucks tomorrow on the big lake.i just cant wait to get my sleeper out there.the 4 wheeler thing is getting kinda old lol

Thanks mnhunter,

good deal, looking forward to getting the new wheelhouse out on the lake and do some walter rockin'

If you get a definate answer please post it, planning on leaving shortly after noon tomorrow.

I'm heading out in about 1 hour. If you here of anything let me know. I guess I still should load up the wheeler even if trucks can go out on the ice. you never know.

i should know by 11 am tomorrow. here is the # if would like to call before you leave 1-800-222-2537

lokks like starting tomorrow zipple is going to let trucks out.its not 100% sure yet.

Thanks for the info mnhunter, I did not get to go today but i'm ready whenever the road is. Would the road be for 1/2 ton only or open to all. I have a 3/4 ton ext. cab and will be pulling a 4000 lb wheelhouse. If you have any more info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

they didnt say.but i will find out.couple of my buddy's went there today for the weekend/so i should know sometime tomorrow mornin

Oh yes, The trucks are allowed. Still however, people need to use common sense out there. The ice is strong but still not excessively thick. I'd say keep vehicles parked some distance apart. Watch out for cracks and ridges. Respect the ice. Find yourself 22 to 23' of water drop your jigs and enjoy your catch. See you on the ice.... Fishinator.

I will be coming up on wednesday I have a intrepid do you think I could drive it out or is it pretty rough

its rough is some spots.but the sand bar might be a problem.and there is snow on the lake so if you go off the road that might be an issue.

im pretty sure they will.i have seen cars out there before.if your renting from them they will have a plowed road right to the shack.

Just got back from Zipple, Fishing was so-so but the roads were great. We finished with 12 walleye 6 saugers and 1 huge perch. Probably threw 8 small ones back. Not fast and furious but enough to keep you interested. That total was for 4 people.

The Ice was pretty good although we did have a little trouble. We got there late sat night 4:45, punched holes and fished till about 8:00, TOO LATE, not a bite!!!. Then we realized we were slowly sinking. We had to pick up and move in the dark cause we had 5-6 inches of water on top of the ice and it was getting deeper in a hurry. We moved and found some thicker ice to spend the night on. First spot was 11 inches, next spot was 15 and we had no trouble. Just a reminder to be carefull out there, the ice varies quite a bit, expecially for pickups. all in all a pretty good trip.

Went out of Zipple today.. VERY slow .. out from about 10-5 caught 4 fish all day.. kept 3.. fished in 20 ft. of water to begin with then moved out to 23ft.. was able to drive out with the pickup though which was nice.. zipples roads are great right now.

Yes, the fish have decided to take a break from eating. They are still there however. They come up to look at the bait but just dont seem interested. It is possible to get a few of them to bite with alot of work on the jig. I've tried everything in my box of jigs, and it seems to me that a gold round head jig seems to work the best right now. 2 of us struggled most of the day. But the best bites came at about 9am and again at about 1pm. Weird! This was also in 20fow. Anyway when the day was over the pail had 6 walleye and 8 saugers. There seems to be quite a few 8" saugers that still insist on eating. Happy fishing to all and to all a good day. Fish.........

Fished Zipple from the 14 through the 16th. The 14th was some good fishing. Then Saturday came and things slowed WAY down. Its the first day people were driving on the ice.= TOO MUCH TRAFFIC. Sunday we fished for a couple of hours in the morning, and caught some good fish. From sunrise to noon was the best for us. We fished 22' on the west side.

Guest greenbud

My wife and I fish the Sat the 15th and did really well from 7 to 10 then the fishing turned off like a switch. Picked up 3 more NICE fish from 2 to 3 then shut off again.

Fished next morning same spot not a bite! Ended up with 8 total 5 wallies and 3 sauger, all 13 to 18 inches. Fished 18ft on bobber street.