Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanger29

Going up in Feb. need some help

7 posts in this topic

Plan on coming up several times this coming February, (2nd & 22nd was looking/ hoping for a little advice. Been staying on the west side out of Garrison the last few years. Haven't been too impressed with the results. Any other general area of lake worth considering at that time?

Where did you fish out of garrison last year? There is a lot of good water over there.

You are going to have your work cut out for you in February. That's always been a tough month for me. I would concentrate on deep water flats though, a lot of the "dead zones" have produced some decent fish for me on large suckers under tipups or dead stick set-ups. Suspend your baits 5-20 feet off bottom. I like to fish areas far away from others this time of year. Those fish get educated by february and run for the trenches......

GoggleEye

sounds similar to your deep summer tactics GoogleEye...

regards,

minnesotatuff

Yep. When the pressure is on, I go deep!

Don't be afraid to look back shallow near the end of the eye season. There is some movement back onto the near shore reefs, humps and shoreline structure that time of year, plus there are some fish there all year long. Fish shallow, be quiet, keep your lights dim during prime times and you should do okay.

Thanks for the help guys! I ended up going outta Dickies/Isle. Give that a try. I was trying some rock piles outta the access south of Garrison a mile or so, about 2 miles out