Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frummybear

Bow for X-mas??

8 posts in this topic

I am going to be getting a bow for x-mas and I have a few questions. I am looking to get a bow in the 300-500 price range. I am wondering what would be a good bow that fits the range?? This is my fist bow and will be using it for Elk/deer hunting.

Are you looking for a new or used bow? If you are looking for a bow set up with all the extras, it might be tough for under $500.00. There are many top shelf used bows out there and woould be great for starting out. My son just sold a Matthews a few years old all set up with arrows and some broadheads for approx $400.00. This is what you can find if you are looking for a darn good used bow with nothing wrong wqith it. This bow all set up with the Matthews extras was approx $1,200.00 new. Look around some good archery shops and you will find some good used equipment for less than $500.00 and its ready to hunt.

Harvey,

Is there a good website to look at used bows? I actually live down in Bullhead City, AZ and there aren't to many/any places to buy used bows. I am going to be home for x-mas, the St. Cloud area to look around.

i bought a new bow with my extra finacial aide money. i spent $300 on a brand new (old model but unused) reflex buckskin and some other $$$ on accessories and what not. bought it from st. cloud sportsmans warehouse and i love it, if you can find a good one there they are great with free service on all bows purchased from there. hope this helps.

It wouldnt hurt to call Cabin Fever and talk with Jeff, Dawn or Neal. They may have some used gear and there are a very good shop. They are the sponsor of this forum to find their contact info.

Wherever you choose to go go in with an open mind not a brand name in mind. tell the shop owner you have $500 to spend for a package and see what they can do. As far as used or new it is best to see the bow in person.

E-mail me I can talk to you about the bow I have. hockeynut444@yahoo.com

No matter what have fun and get a bow that fits you.

Thanks fellas for your help, I am going to be doing some serious looking when I get back to MN!!

Slow jigger you have mail

back at you frummy!