• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chevy Heater Issue

SnoManX

Question

I have a 2000 Silverado and the passanger side floor compart doesn't receive any heat at all - no matter what setting I have it on. I've asked around and it seems that I'm not the only one with this issue. One guy suggested wedging a rolled up blanket up behind the dash. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Just above the hump is a plenum with a flapper that directs the flow of heat. The flapper is controlled by a motor unit on the passenger side about the size of your palm. I think they're a sealed unit. When mine went I couldn't get heat to the defrost. I picked up several at a junkyard and I know there's one out in the garage that I may never use. If you figure that may be the problem, let me know and you can have my spare.

I will take a look at that tomorrow. I appreciate the offer and will let you know. Thanks!