Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mooneyes

trucks on francis?

12 posts in this topic

I was fishing on Francis two days ago, six inches of ice max,Two full size trucks driving around on the ice! I love eating fish dont get me wrong, but they are not worth the price of my life or my truck those people are nuts

Ever winter some guys and their trucks push their luck and end up in the water just as sure as the sun rises in the east. It must be the nature of the beast, thats what my dad always said. crazy.gif

mooneyes,

Welcome to FM! Thanks for the "(Contact Us Please) alert". grin.gif

Brother in law is out on the west end of that lake tonight, says 2 full sized trucks parked right next to each other not too far from where they are fishing.... 6-7 inches of ice MAX. Unreal.

Just goes to show how good ice can be to hold that much weight, just hope that they don't get to see how bad ice won't hold a truck up. crazy.gif

I have an uncle who always tells me 8" is plenty for a vehicle based on his experiences with ice fishing. I'm more comfortable with twice that amount.

twice?? To get me "comfortable" I need 3 times. laugh.gif

24 to make me comfortable.

My comfort is - crazy.gif my truck ant going on the ice crazy.gif . If my wheeler or feet can't take me there than I don't go. the whole truck/car thing on the ice just freaks me out crazy.gifshocked.gif

i was out last monday when they put there house out. I was on 5 inches no more. Here I left my wheeler at home and pulled my fortress out by hand dang near killed myself. All the sudden here come head lights with about a 12ft crank down house full size chevy. I could not belive it and iF they would have went threw I would have felt bad cause no way i could of helped I was hurting and out of wind. To top it off they must hVE CALLED there buddys cause 30min later 2 more full size trucks come. Border line between STUPID OR CRAZY.

I believe it was the West end of Frances that had a ton of BIG houses on it on Sunday morning. Drove around to Frances, Tetonka, Fish Lake, Elysian and Steele Lake in Le Seuer. Frances and Elysian had large permanent houses on. On my way home from Waterville to Northfield I saw that Cannon had permanent houses on it near the access on HWY 60 and off a couple points also. Next weekend, hittin the ice around Waterville, man I can't wait!!!! Been two years since I have ice fished, stupid Iraq got in my way of fishing!

Thank you for your service to the great ol' USA!

No worries, back safe and sound now and can't wait to hit the ice.