Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cRaPpiEMaN8265

Lake Pokegama

8 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on Pokegama by Pine City or going out there today?

We are going to drive up from the cites at about 1:15 and stay till a little after dark...

Later,

Ryan

Haven't been out there myself but heard of poeple going out and catching fish. I was going to go out last night but decided on Fannie by Cambridge. I had 4 to 6 in. of ice and you can probably expect similar conditions on Pokegama. Be very wary as to thin ice most of the larger lakes around here didn't lock up until just before the snow. Some places we had only an inch of ice. Three in. of slush in spots made for difficult travel. Finding hard sled tracks made pulling a lot easier. Five small Crappies, very finnicky. Good luck and give us a report.

i will make sure to report back we are taking out the wheeler with us there will be four of us guys in all. hopefully we dont fall through lol. Leavin Now!

Later,

Ryan

let me know how you did, looking at going down there tommarow. did you go out the south or the east access. i drove past the north side and saw 4 houses the other day

sorry i totally forgot about reporting back. we went out on the west side by muffies bar and went to the bottom of that sharp break in 18 FOW and we marked fish the whole time but couldnt get them to commit. we only stayed for about two hours and called it quits going home with a skunkage. by the way at frirst we tryed to get out from the south access pulling a snowmobile trailor behing the wheeler with all the gear on it and that definately didnt work. we ended up unhooking the trailor after about 100 yards and taking the wheeler trip after trip with the gear. A crack did open up behind us as we went towards muffies bar which was kinda scary as the water was just gushing out of that crack. wont be going back there for quite some time now.

Later,

Ryan

Wow! Not the thing you like to see. Looks like were hoofin' it for a while. Thank's for the report.

yea i saw tons of snowmobiles going up and down the lake but the wheelers dont balance out the weight as well... By next weekend it should be locked up pretty tight but nobody was catching any fish so i will go to a different lake this weekend most likely..

Later,

Ryan

yea my brother in law and i fished out of the east side access for 6 hours and 2 perch later should have stayed home but id rather fish than look at the fishing shows