Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD2100

Whos the brave one?

4 posts in this topic

I went down to look at the river today and there was one guy out there bout 300 yards. You could see all of his foot prints and it looked liked slush was covering them all. Still not loking good enough for me to go out there!

I just drove down there and there was a group of 4 guys making their way across,I hope they have lifejackets on cause they seemed to be standing kinda close to each other.Its still thin but I think there maybe around 3 inches out there by now.I may venture out tomorrow but Im not gonna be crossing over to the sconny side just yet.

That was me. Couple of us went out there yesterday.

Ice was generally 3 - 5 inches. But..... spud your way out. Couple of spots I hit with my Ice Saw went right through with one stab. That was only 2 to 2 1/2 inches. This was in areas where the snow was heavier. BE CAREFUL!!! Fishing report. Lots of lookers, 1 crappie caught - 10 1/2 inches. I ate it last night!!!

David

I went down and took another gander at the river and seen a fuw more people out there today. Still not enough ice yet for me. maybe by wensday ill be out there.