Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonfishn

Blue/Green Ice and fishing reports

13 posts in this topic

Anybody been out to either of these lakes? How much ice?

Any fish?

If your talkin about green in Isanti, there has been some houses right out from the access, shallow, and dark houses. I heard a friend say there were alot more out there, but that is a long walk in the snow. I haven't been there yet, but going to Chisago tonight. Will post, and if you hit green, let us know would ya? Much appriciated, good luck.

just wondering about Spectacle? any reports on that lake? does anyone fish just out east of the access? or do people mostly fish the main lake? just curious cause I am new to the area.

thanks for any info

work from the weedline that is north of the access into that 20 foot hole.

If I run into you this weekend I'll show ya some other spots in the area.

fished blue 12/13 in the afternoon.

Caught sunnies in 12 ft of water, lot of small ones, but you can sort for decent size fish. Also caught a nice norther on 3lb line panfish rod and reel. Took a long time to land the fish, but a ton of fun

Good luck

I was out on blue on 12/13 from 7-10pm and caught one 12-inch crappie from the flat access in about 14fow

nice catch! the 12 inchers are far and few between!!

sunday at blue lake i saw lots of houses by the point in the middle of the lake and was wondering if anybody was catching anything cuz i was closer to shore off the flat access and was hardly getting a bite but the guys next to me were pulling fish left and right so i just guess it was an off day for me

finesse fishing....use small baits is the trick that gets me fish out there.......I use plastics with a euro and go small......it's annoying sending down a small bait but if it gets you fish..........

thanx for the info i been using mostly full minnows

Tried Blue lake twice last week. Stay away from the croud and think small. The smaller the better. I put some fish on the ice, but it was definatly a finesse bite. tongue.gif

any size to the fish?.....I have always caught them but I just don't see the size to take out the knife and get a quality fillet!!! It is definatly possible but I try to keep 10 inchers (crappie) and catch 1 maybe every 15 fish so I don't get meals from there......just wondering congrats on the fish!!! smile.gif

Oz,

I agree, I crappie fish Blue a lot in the summer and can catch 7-8" fish all day long, but rarely anything 10+

I got into a school of 10"+ fish a couple summers ago in about 15' off a weedline, man that was fun. Boated a 28" eye and a limit of slabs in a two hour span.