Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evinrude19

eagle lake

16 posts in this topic

has anyone been out there lately

i might head out there this weekend and is wondering how much ice is there confused.gif

5 good inches at least 1/4 mile out. There is frozen slush on top of that in spots.

Just drove by it and nobody was on it when I was there, could see some tracks ect form people walking out. wink.gif

There were 3 houses out there yesterday at about 4pm. We made some of the tracks as we drilled and walked out to check thickness.

Was there thurs eve. 4-5 inches of ice with slush on top of ice and beneth snow. Snow makes it tough pulling out gear. Fished for about 3 hours. Marked fish but only caught 4 crappies in the 5 inch size variety and 2 sunnies in the 4 inch class. NOT good at all. I was and am disapointed. frown.gif

Tried it with my Dad today from about 3 - 6pm. Just little dinks like Fever said. Still fun.

i might head out there tomorrow did you go off of the park or public access? confused.gif

Public access on the east side off 135th. There is parking for about 12 trucks or so. My neighbor plowed the road through there so you can get to the access.

was the hole lake good ice or was there some bad spots? confused.gif

Tough to say if the whole lake was good. I was there in the dark. crazy.gif I would assume the lake is safe but you know what they say when you assume. Just use caution where ever you decide to go. Like I posted earlier, there was about 5 inches of ice on thursday eve. The snow and slush made it difficult to get out there and the fish were non cooperative, and on the small side (all in the 4-6 inch class). If you really still want to give it a try, use the access on the east side of the lake. Can't miss it. Good luck. smirk.giftongue.gif

i think i am gonna just gonna walk out from the park when ever i do decide to go out there

what worked for you guys waxxies or crappie minnows or other jw?

Caught stuff on both waxies and minnows, but had better luck with waxies.

Had the most luck on char. gulp maggots and a aggressive jigging approach with a spring bobber set up. Caught a few on a sweedish pimple and a minnow head, but I think that so many of these fish are on the small side (4 - 6 inches)you have to use smaller approach. Waxies would probably work too, I just used the gulp because I had it. Sad to say it but I think the pressure the last couple winters has done this lake in. I'm trying new water on my next trip out. Thinking Ann, Howard, or Waverly... anybody have any pointers on where to try for Crappies on these lakes?

i went out today for about 3 hours and got only a crappie and a sunny.....used a genz worm tipped with a waxxie they would take it down but not be there when i set the hook so they must have been small

sunday my friend that lives on the lake calls me and tells me there is a 3/4 ton truck out on the ice by the bay on the other side of the access.......