Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reelemin

Ice info for Elysian & Frances

8 posts in this topic

Heading down this weekendend for the first time fishing in the area. Can anyone give me some ice conditions for Elysian and Frances, hopeing to be able to take the wheeler out. Aslo any general areas to head to on either of these lakes would be greatly appreciated. blush.gif

Thanks smile.gif

I been fishing Elysian this last week last 2 nights have been slow but the ice in the spots I have fished have been 7 to 8 inchs few hard sides out there now and ppl been taking wheelers out the biggest thing is get away from everyone I have got 8 eyes the last 3 days but I have been getting on the lake at 5 idk what the day bite is like out there im going to hit it hard this weekend see what i can get

I have the same report as trouble28 does for Elysian. A solid 7 inches approx 200-300 hundred yards from shore. 3-5 inches of snow on the lake.

Thanks cool.gif

headed out tomrrow a.m. Will post how the day went.

Let us know how they are biting will be heading out Weds. to fish Clear during the day then go to Elysian for the night bit.

People were driving on the west end of francis. I think thats great for them.

I found 3" of ice in one spot out there.

Just ridiculous. blush.gif

Ended up on German and Madison to day.

German - 5" to 10" of ice staight out from boat ramp. Took the wheeler out. Might have been pushing it - but - owell

Madison - took the wheeler along shore and then pulled portables out towards the narrows. Mostly 5 to 8" of ice, but did find a few spots under snow of only 2 -3 inches.

Be smart and Be safe!!!!!!!!!!

Both lakes VERY SLOW fishing