Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfish24

ice check on spring lake

12 posts in this topic

anybody check the ice this week want to get out there this weekend

The winter access side is safe, safe BY MY STANDERDS I GUESS. The main lake is probably scetchy. No where to park on that (Contact Us Please) lake no more, aside from the main launch and that would be a long haul for where I want to fish.

Quote:

The winter access side is safe, safe BY MY STANDERDS I GUESS. The main lake is probably scetchy. No where to park on that (Contact Us Please) lake no more, aside from the main launch and that would be a long haul for where I want to fish.

isn't it nice how they slipped that one in under our noses. I wonder who that developer paid off?

What is the parking rule or ban that you guys are talking about?

The highway used to run right next to the lake so you could park on the side of the road and walk down to the lake. A developer did a land swap with the park department and the highway got moved and a private park put in place next to the highway. confused.gif

keep gooing down that road and then righ ton your left there is a place where i park my truck all the time. i never get hassled for parking there. o and i was out today and there was slush in some spots but it was mainly very hard and compacted snow out there. the ice was popping all day... and i was in about 11 fow.... and then moved out to about 15 fow on about 5 inches of ice.... marked a lot of fish but they had lock jaw. tried everything... they looked like eyes to me on the vexi.... the came up righ tfrom the bottom starred at it and went back down to the bottom again... o well bette rluck next time... ps. i have caught some hog walleyes in that lake ice fishing and summer fishing.... they're in there !!!

New to area and looking for a good spot on spring. I'm sure I will see where every one is fishing once the houses can get out there. I have been told straight out and a little to the left of the winter road. is that correct?

Hope to see some of you out there. Stop in for a cold one

in front of the farm is popular because everyone fishes crappies there there is absolutely no structure on the shore of the farm its all muck.... when late ice comes its straight out from the summer access about 400 yards, and at night right on that rock reef on the first point.... and then inside the bay of the first point there is a really nice hole in there; goes from about 12 fow to about 26 thats where i walleye fish. every once in awhile you'll get into those huge crappies, but those are few far and between now. couple years ago you couldnt catch a crappie in there under 10 inches......thats what happens when you meat fish every time you go out. but best of luck to ya. its stil my favorite lake becaus ei know i can catch walleyes, so if your ever out just look for a green eskimo house, and just come and say hi.

walleyejoe,

I fish spring lake very often during the winter and I know I have seen your green eskimo house out there in the spots you have just described. Maybe this year I will have to stop and say hi. I fish out of a 2-man fish trap guide with "Gander Mountain" printed on the front and a silver S-10 pickup. the name is John, come on over and say hi if you see me.

Where is the winter access on this lake? I am thinking about going out here this weekend.

Take hwy13 to 170th right past Mc Donalds take left on 170th follow down hill and around sharp corner it will be 200yards on your left but you will have to find a place to park. You are better off going past the winter acsess maybe a 1/4 mile and park and walk out of the park reserve.

I've fished spring alot summer and winter let me know how it goes probably be out next week.