Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Busdrivers33

Elk Lake, zimmerman

9 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on elk in zimmerman. Any info on ice conditions woould be great. Thanks

Bus

Been people out between points now for almost a couple weeks. What they are catching, I do not know.

Good luck!

Drove by lake around 6:30 last night and a lot of people out their.

4 wheelers where out in force.

Did any one go out during the weekend?

Yeah I was out there on Saturday. Set up in the "village", between the points. Should have probably found our own spot though, tons of people out there and lots of wheeler and sled traffic. Only got a few crappies.

Ice was 7-8". There is a pretty good trail started out from the access.

hey just wonderin if i could get some info on whether people were drivin out vechicles at this time and how thick the ice is. o and r the crappies still biting??

I was out there last week. About 8" of ice. Did see a car and small suv drive out, still not thick enough for me to risk it. I'll stick with the atv for now. Crappies were biting, but size was an issue... 7 to 9 inches are about the biggest we pulled up.

I was out there all day on Saturday. We were out in the Village. We got there at daybreak and fished until 5:00 p.m. We caught tons of teenie weenie perch and a few bluegills. I have to say I was a little disappointed! Not so much with the fishing but with what was all over the ice. Garbage! My son picked up a BIG bag of other people's crap! Beer cans, plastic bottles, paper, little crappies people left on the ice. It's no small wonder that our lakes are going to you know where. Personally I think its our responsibility to one, clean up after ourselves and two tell the slob next to you to clean up. My son is 12 and he had more responsibility than alot of the people I saw out there on Saturday. What a circus! Buffalo is pretty much the same thing. If you bring it with you to the lake take it home with you and put it where it belongs!!!! Also, if your not going to keep those 6" to 8" crappies please throw them back.

Was out last week I stayed away from the crowd and fished the first point from the landing. I fished from 1-5pm and kept 10 gills that where decent size. I also had a tip up out and not one flag. I was suprised by the size of the gills i caught considering in the past nothing but dink size fish.

Mark