Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximum12

Weekend Fishing Plans

14 posts in this topic

OK fearless ice fishermen/women/other, who's going out on ice of uncertain depth & strength, covered up in a blankie of comfy, warm snow this weekend?

Where are you going?

I'm thinking of heading out to a small lake I've traditionally started on every year, or one of the smaller ponds around my house. But who knows? I really like to explore later in the season, but this early I like to follow the tracks of someone a lot bigger than me out on the ice!

i am heading out with a few friends we have a plan for a smaller metro lake that I confirmed yesterday has about 4-51/2 inches on it, Cant wait just bought a fish trap guide yesterday and am breaking it in.

my plan is to see how gutsy people are this weekend and then make plans for next weekend. good luck to all and be safe out there.

I plan to fish a lake that I know is good fishing all day Saturday and explore new waters all day Sunday. Can't wait for tomorrow!

I'm with SFBoy. I know somebody that is going out this weekend, so I am going to wait for his report, then plan accordingly for next weekend. Just want to give it another week for the ice to thicken up a little bit.

Vrod, where did you get your Guide? I went to the GM in Eden Prairie earlier this week and they are sold out. Probably going to head to the Lakeville one on Saturday. Got the OK from the lady, so I can't wait to pick it up!

Good luck and be safe!

CJH

CJH I would give a call to Cabin Fever. It looked like they had a couple of them upstairs.

I plan on trying this afternoon and maybe tomorrow if I find good ice. The guys at Cabin Fever gave me a couple ideas where guys have been finding 4-6" of ice.

I'll be chasing walleyes on Tonka Saturday evening. My first couples trips out there always provide the best action of the winter. I'll take it slow and check the ice as I go - just like early ice every year.

Quote:

I'll be chasing walleyes on Tonka Saturday evening. My first couples trips out there always provide the best action of the winter. I'll take it slow and check the ice as I go - just like early ice every year.

Hey Mike,

My brother and I want to find some walleyes on Sat. evening--do you mind if we tag along?

Carp-fisher

Did you end up catching anything on Tuesday night?

Carp - You can certainly come along, I'm just not sure where I'm going yet. I'll be poking around tomorrow afternoon to hopefully find a place for the evening. I'll send you an email...

I'll be up on the big pond with sandmannd this weekend. Heading up Saturday morning. we still have an open seat for anyone interested...... shoot me an e-mail

Yeah shoot me an email and maybe we'll hook up.

Ben

e-mail?

Quote:

e-mail?

I think he was responding to someone on the first page of posts.