Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTN4ICE

It's on !!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Going to hit Crystal Fri with some friends from Christine-Wolverton area.Putting out a spear house. Will be at the access early PM Ranger p/u white topper.Will post conditions.Looking to organize a bigger group Sat. The more the merrier!!!!

If you are spearing let us know what the conditions are like. I have talked to a few people who have been out - they all say the water clarity is really bad. Looking for a lake that has clear water.

Cool, hopefully you'll get rid of some of those snakes in there! That lake has become over-run with small northerns......IMO it needs a slot limit.

The first day out is in the books.There is 8inches of solid ice under a foot of snow. I punched three holes in 15 feet with minimal flooding. Also punched a hole in 9 feet for the spear house with moderate flooding. Will have to let that area refreeze then set the house.Kept one slimer 3-5 lb and 6 sunnies for the first meal. Threw back 4 snakes and 4 small crappies.Nobody on Lizzie or Franklin. One perm on Crystal far east side.My plan is to use portables for now and not be in a big hurry to get the big house out yet.We did not need this snow this early so give Mother Nature some time and things will come around.