Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slammer

Jewett ice

9 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on jewett yet? Hoping to go this weekend so just looking for a little info.

Thanks

the ice isn't good .. it was pretty scary... a friend of mine went off the west side and there wasn't that much out there and it was flooding pretty good...

I was out there this past weekend. I was fishing shoreline structure, and the ice was a good 4 1/2 inches, but that snow really caused some stress. I would use extreme caution if ur headed out to the middle of the lake, due to the fact that it looked like there was either open water or a big pressure ridge. I wasn't feelin balsy on a lake that I have little experience on, so I stuck close to shore.

Has the ice improved on Jewett yet? Have they been biting? I was thinking of givin' it a try this weekend. Any suggestions on how to approach getting on the ice?

Be alittle careful out there. I was out there last night, with my fourwheeler and small fishhouse. There were two pickups parked next to each other in one spot, and I was moving around punching holes looking for a spot, and in one area the auger blade barely turned and I was through the ice. Couldn't have been more than 3".

Just use alittle caution and check the ice to know what you're driving over.

Thanks for the update BBP! It sounds a little scary. I've been sticking to the river here at the head waters. The ice is good, but the fishin has been hit and miss. I've been wanting to make it out to Jewett, but I was waiting for an ice update. I think I might have to try another lo-cal. So the ice was bad, how was the fishin'?

Fishing was alittle slow as well.

I'll be heading to Otter Tail for awhile.

Good Luck Fishing!

Thanx! I think that's my plan also. I heard some good things on Ottertail.....JG

I was out there last weekend, ice is real thick 15-18 inches, got skunked but saw 1 eye and a perch on camera, so there is fish there.