Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nblasin

ZIPPLE REPORT

6 posts in this topic

Arrived at Zipple Bay Resort Sunday night and fished all day Monday and Tues as a miny honeymoon. The people at Zipple were great people and really took care of us. They actually moved a house out to a little deeper water than what had been fish. Previously they weren't doing much in 14' but put a house in 22' for us to try. They said we would be the "ginny pigs". We had prety good fishing both days. We ended up with about 20 fish/day between two of us. Monday a gold buckshot jig was the ticket, Tues they seemed to like a gold jig on a dead stick just as much. The best bite for us was from 9am-2pm. There was 8.5" of ice on Monday and guessing it put more on. Thanks to Zipple for a great and memorible honeymoon. Oh yeah, the majority of the fish were 14-17" with the biggest being 21". Some nice saugers mixed in as well.

Thanks for the report. Honeymoon huh? How did you find time to fish???? confused.gif Bill

Bill if they only caught 20 fish a day I think they might have possible been distracted with other things wink.gif. Might not have been watching the bobber all the time grin.gif.

What can I say, I was in a no lose situation!! cool.gif

Congratulations Nate, Sounds like you found a good one. Theres nothing better than a wife that enjoys spending time in the outdoors. Good report too. I'll keep you posted if we start hitting them on Mille Lacs. I haven't been out yet. With all the new snow on the lakes we went pheasant hunting for couple of days. I'll have to get back in ice fishing mode now.

Jason Erlandson

Rattle Reels!