Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WildernessWarmth

cove bay ice conditions 12/6

13 posts in this topic

As of 2:00 today the ice was 10" inches thick in most of the bay.the channel was 9"inches thick to the north side of mazomonee point.out about 1/4 mile to the first small heave the ice was 7"inches thick and the ice is rough and some shelf ice so be very cautious and also watch out for the rock areas and shallow spots.If it stays cold it wont be long to be on the main lake,but we dont need any more snow.the snow is between 10'-14' inches deep,we will keep the ice updated and post when changing.]

Wilderness Warmth,

Thanks for the information.

tweed

so Jay & Amber when are you guy's going to have your web site going?

hopefully soon,we just got a new toll free number and are in the process of new signs,price sheets,bussiness cards ect.the new number also rolls over to my cell phone to make it easier to get all calls and to return calls fast. We will try to give weekly ice updates on fm.(thanks for the reply )

That is awesome!!! grin.gif

Hey Jay,glad to see you posting.sounds like the ice in the bay is good and the channel is making progress,it wont be long for the main lake!I know when you measure the ice,it's a real true number.Keep us posted and i will see you soon.

This weekend's cold front might really help. Hopefully the snow stays away! Jay, I've got my car running and packed, let me know when you are pulling out the big houses.

Tim

Amber and Jay,

Thanks for the update. I will see you guys soon. I am getting the big house out this year. I need a new roof and finish a little siding, but we can do that on the ice if need be.

Jay, be carefull this year grin.gif Hows the trucks running? grin.gif

A buddy of mine just got back from fishing the Cove bay area the last 2 days and got into some real nice perch and some good "eater" eyes. Said the fish were in the weeds. He did say it was incredibly tough dragging the shack due to all the snow. I can't wait to get up there this weekend!

Any chance a guy could run a wheeler this weekend in Cove Bay or is that an impossible dream?

From what I've seen in other posts, there should be plenty of ice but the deep snow will cause you some problems. A snowmobile would probabaly be a better bet if you can get access to one.

Thanks for the reply. It would be nice to get that one last toy, but I think the wife's request for new carpet will win out on this one. Will have to look for somewhere packed down to run the ATV.

a four wheeler should be no problem and if you have chains for it that would be better,it all depends what you are hauling. :