• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This go-round. 12-7

No need to give out GPS coordinates (you can e-mail them grin.gif) but, whos heading out this weekend?

My plan, the plan that I have not yet presented to Mrs boilerguy so it will probably change, is to hit Bingham Lake after work on Friday. I haven't fished this lake much, and let's just say I'm curious. Saturday is my sons birthday and he wants to do other stuff. Maybe that evening after festivities are over I'll go hit a lake somewhere. Sunday I think I have open, anyone wanna hit a lake????

Wooooooooooooooooooo, tempting. I was just told my weekend schedule is goood as long as i fix Mrs boilerguys chair. I can do that. I fix million dollar machines for a living I can handle a chair. Or, I can wrap enough duct tape around a chair to make it work.

I really want to go to URL, but I think it's no go for this weekend. However, I'm game for a Sunday if anyone is interested in a local SW MN lake.

I fished Bingham Lake alot towards the end of the season last year, and did quite well. Just waiting for the ice report to come out on that lake first.

I'm gonna go try it out after work. I'll let ya know what the ice is like.

Good to know, thanks. I'm a Bingham Lake rookie. Which, is silly cuz I work so close to it.

I'll be out there after work. I'll post the ice conditions and hopefully some catches!!!!

I heard the eyes are biting on Round Lake, south side, MUC do you have any knowledge of this?? Virg I know you like that lake alot, anything from you??

Boiler, when do them snot rockets start up there on your lake?

I hate when I hear things like this, I can't decide fish or pheasants, phish, or feasants !! grin.gif I am doing both this weekend though.

I will say this, South side road is the way on, but don't always believe the masses are on fish. There are fish biting, but you have to find them. One thing I can surely tell you about Round, you have to be willing to move to keep up.

As for other reports from phone calls of people asking me where I am at... Lake Wilson perch bite... Boot Lake perch bite... Talcot walley bite.... Have not heard a single thing off of West Graham, or Okabena. East produced some fish a week ago with very light bite, not too aggressive.

I have many friends who have spent the entire week on Round Lake and yes they have caught some fish, but many were 12-14 inchers, which in my house get to swim again. Give me 3 or 4 16-18 inchers and me and the girls are gonna eat! Fry up the taters, butter me up a piece of bread and strap on a feed bag.

Long story short. There are some fish going home, but nothing to write home about. I am going to try again on Saturday afternoon, with the buddies, but for the most part we are just going to be christening a new year by bringing out the first of three hard houses....(this being the LIGHT one!)

I think I am done pheasant hunting in Minnesota this year. I got my share and gots to leave some to grow up. Plus I am going to South Dakota next week.

Tight lines and stay safe!

Thanks for the info. Have fun in So Dak. next weekend. If your going to be on Round this weekend maybe I'll see you there.

Will I know you when I see you? I hate not knowing who is who especially when someone knows me... AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG! hehehehehe

Quote:

Boiler, when do them snot rockets start up there on your lake?

Last weekend. Dead smelt on the bottom. They are on the prowl that's for sure.

Some perch are coming out of Bean. Crappies and perch on Lime. I haven't heard anything about either Grahm or Cottonwood.

I never saw a house on Bean, but I heard the walleyes are biting on Double. Tonight again there were around 8 vehicles at the landing. I am going to assume at least 6 inches as there was 4 wheelers out there.

Did anyone catch anything this weekend??? Because I sure didn't frown.gif...well I guess it would of helped if I went fishing.

I went out with muc33 Sunday. I managed 2 eyes all day. The other fellas in the group fared better than I did, but CC let me bring home some keepers so we're eatin good tonight!!

Kennedy is a fishing pro at the age of 10! Enjoy them eyes! Key to good day ice fishing is getting a full tummy in the near future and not falling in! Bonus if you don't have to walk 3/4 way across the lake again!!!! Had a blast man, gotta do it again!

Fish in the pail make the work out worth it.

I'm glad you towed my outta shape butt back. I would have had to stop at Wal-mart and buy a lung.

Too much fun. We have to hook up again. (pun intended)I don't know what lake I'm hitting next. I think I'll get the wheeler running this week and put my house on Sarah for a try.

I will be at a local treatment facility soon... but for the next week, I will be having ice fishing withdrawls. I have to go to ND for work and then hitting South Central South Dakota to shoot some rooty birds with the boys on the annual Pheasant hunt!

Keep some fish in the lake and be safe.

Sounds like you fellas had a pretty good time. My Amateur Coangler and I headed south saturday to do a little looking around and ended up with 25-30 nice gills and headed back sunday on my own and ended up with 49 gills and crappies in less than 5 hours on the ice. Pretty good weekend and hopefully the next will be better now that we should be able to get onto some better spots.

Quote:

IGL area????

That would be correct. Nothing too big just that average for the area. As I was leaving sunday there were a few people on Millers Bay when I went by to check it out. Im hoping to be out on Millers, Emersons, and Smiths this weekend if all goes as planned.