Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlvaj

Shaw's Reef

8 posts in this topic

Was wondering how the ice conditions for Shaw's Reef. Planning to come up this weekend. Hope there's enough ice to walk out on.

check out hunters point web cam...theyre plowing roads!

regards,

minnesotatuff

This was posted in the "Updated Ice Conditions" thread by Paul Waldowski.

Quote:

Took the sled out over a mile today out to Shaw's Reef. Never found a spot with less than 7 inches of ice. It might be tough to get out there with a wheeler as we have 15-16 inches of snow, but it's all good with a sled. We will have the beginnings of a marked road in place by the weekend.
grin.gif

Minnesotatuff: We just had our perm moved up to Hunters Point. How do I access thier web cam? Thanks, Bill

If you go to the ice fishing forum at the top there is a forum in there on listed web cams. Good luck

Dodgeman98: I found that site and when I attempt to open the cam I get error messages IE: your not connected to the Internet etc. I'm no computer guru so kind of lost at this point. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get up there and see it in real time. thanks, Bill

bill,

here is the url:

http://www.hunterspointresort.com/webcam.html

its been wonderful seeing what the current conditions are. their camera is only still shots every 15 seconds. but you can still see whats happening.

im still thinking about making the trip saturday. tomorrow im getting the boat back...finally. if i get it home in one piece, it will be ready to go for fishing next open-water season. the last two weeks surprised me...i still have to get things out of it for the winter and clean the road salt off.

im just not sure about walking far to a spot on saturday. we'll see what my fishing buddies say. that could be the incentive to head up...

shaws reef/doe island is a great spot thats not too far. rocky reef on the southwest side is close too, although ive never ice fished there.

regards,

minnesotatuff

minnesotastuff: Thanks much. I got it set up. I had to install Java and it works. Hopefully you should see me catching some fish on the camera soon....LOL Bill