Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beeber

Morris Point

11 posts in this topic

Any news on the ice conditions and bite in the Morris Point area?

THE BITE IS GOOD ACROSS PINE I HAD 10 FISHOUSES RENTED TODAY THEY ALL JUST GOT IN AND THEY ALL DID GOOD 20-24FT ICE IS COMMING ALONG HAD 11INCHES IN ONE OF ADRIANS HOUSES TODAY THATS ON THE LAKE

Hi Roger, Its nice to see someone at Adrians is on line. Been trying to talk the girls to get one for years.havent met you yet, but will this weekend. comming up Sat and fishing Sun. & Mon. Been up there about 4 times a winter for about 24 years. say hi ti Keith. Tell him Pig & Scott will see him soon!! cool.gif

Hi Roger

How are your customers travling to your fish houses?

Thanks for the reports...

What size are the fish running?

Anyone been to graceton reef? How is the ice?

WE ARE HAULING MOST OF OUR PEOPLE OUT THE REST ARE 4WHEELER SNOCATS THE FISH ARE RUNNING NICE SIZE AND ALOT OF THEM I CLEANED FISH TIL 10 LAST NIGHT PEOPLE ARE DOING GREAT

HI HAVE NOT BEEN TO GRACTON REEF ITS ROUGH OVER THERE WILL BE GOING TO THE KNIGHT REEFS SOON CANT WAIT FOR THAT THE BOOK IS FILLING UP FAST FOR FISHIHG THE REEFS AT ADRIANS BOOK NOW ITS AWESOME UP THERE

Any new reports for the Morris Point area? I am heading up early in the morning to give it a try. What depth should a person key in on? Thanks for the info.

Well, here is my report for the Morris Point area on 12-10-07. We hit the ice at around 9:30 am and was fishing in 24' of water by 10:00. We did not get a bite for an hour (we were marking fish from time to time). We moved to 21-22' for water at around 11:15 am. Talked to a few folks at that time and found the bite pretty slow for most. We fished hard but did not put one on the ice until 1:30. We picked up a few between 1:30 and 2:30 but after that the bite picked up and we finished at 4:15 with about 20 fish for two of us and kept 8 nice walleye and 6 decent sauger. The Walleye bit for the most part on larger gold or red glow jigs but you needed to be working them and sometimes pulling them 4 -6 feet off the bottom before they would bite. The sauger preferred smaller jigs but other than that did not seem to have much of a preference as to color or presentation. Ice was 12 - 14" and solid.

Quote:

Anyone been to graceton reef? How is the ice?

Been going out from there and/or Morris since a week ago Saturday. There is one good crack near shore at Graceton, other than that smooth sailing out to 26fow anyways.

fiskyknut