• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi-On Skeeter

Surface Tension

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The day I knew was getting closer and probably would have been over months ago hadn't it had been for the desire and playfulness that she always had that kept her young at heart., it was there up till the very end. The preparation and task kept me numb, it had to be done. Today I put Skeeter down. As I write a knot in my throat starts and tears come, I'm happy that sorrow is here now, she was a great dog.

Hi-On Skeeter.

Losing a best friend like that is about one of the hardest things there is in life. Sorry for your loss. You have a million memories of her to keep you going. Some day you will be ready for another friend. They will never be able to replace Skeeter, but you will grow to love them just the same. Take care.

fishtrapgirl

Thoughts and good wishes to you ST. We put our 13 year old lab Sadie down on Monday. She had one of the best noses out there and would go all day.

Here's to happier days ahead, and to all the great memories.

SF, I'm so sorry to hear that. Those that have lost good dogs know the feeling. All my best to you.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks everyone. I wouldn't normally announce things like that. I just needed to say it, for her, for me.

Heres to memories and making new making new ones. Cheers.

Ah, man, my sincere condolences. That’s so hard to do. I feel and know your pain. Keep remembering the good times.

Sorry about the loss Frank. Its never easy to deal with the inevitable, no matter how long you've known it was coming. I'll keep you and the family in my thoughts.

You still have a great dog, just now in your memories, and Skeeter probably made sure you had plenty of those memories before she left. I am very sorry for your loss and I hope you and your family mend well.

take care

Daniel

Cheers to Skeeter!!!

Sorry your loss. I know how you feel, I did the same thing 3 weeks ago. She was 16 years old.

So sorry for your loss.

"A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the font of many tears. If a boy and a pup might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full measure of heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them as long as there are dogs and men."------Ben Ames William from Wingshooters Autumn.

A very eloquent quote GTN...

Frank, Sorry to hear of Skeeters passing. Our dogs can never truely die as long as we keep the memories of them alive and strong within our hearts.

Godspeed Skeeter!

Good Luck!

Ken