Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LMITOUT

Weekend

9 posts in this topic

So who's planning on heading out for the first time this weekend?

I'd like to give Belle a try, although based on the fact I made the first tracks at the landing parking lot yesterday it appears nobody has been out from there yet. I did see somebody that went out from the west side though. That was it. The ice didn't look too great last Friday before the snow covered it up, so if I try it I'll have the spud bar in hand. Could be tough going when pulling out the portable in the snow too, although on the flip side at least ice cleats won't be needed. cool.gif

I heard from someone that there are still 10 pockets of open water on Belle yet. I would be carefull out there!

I also heard of a 4 wheeeler and permanents out on Washington. That might be another choice (without the 4 wheeler or permanent grin.gif)

LOL.

I saw one big open hole last Friday in the middle of Belle (not saying there weren't others), and from what I could see yesterday it didn't look that great out there in that area even after all these cold days and nights. That was just from what I could see from the access. crazy.gif

I might get out there sunday am. My in-laws have a home on the lake and I'll probably do some scouting with the spotting scope to make sure the ice is safe by watching you guys from inside grin.gif. Hopefully there's a few inches there.

Coach Dog

hopefully more than just a few!

i am going to hit a lake on sunday for spearing. Hopefully the ice is good and i dont have to worry about it.

I made it out on a little lake by Cokato Friday night, had to wait for a buddy to show up who was running late so we might have missed the bite that nite, 4 inches of ice out there. Saturday went to Washington, 8 inches of ice, caught two 14" walleyes. Took a drive and saw one guy out on Belle, one guy out on Jennie, a couple on Stella and Erie was practically untouched.

Limitout... Did you do any good on Saturday? I was across the road from you and went home with 2 less minnows than I went there with. In otherwords.... nadda. Jennie has a tricky area right out from the south access. Lots of slush, Stella is the same, went by Belle but did not even try it there. Checked Washington, but didn't see anyone out there. I did see a couple people on Marion on the way home.

Same here. If this keeps up I'll only have to buy one scoop of minnows for the whole winter. grin.gif

I wanted to try some other lakes but was somewhat reluctant venturing out by myself with how the ice varies this year. It sounds like it's a tad better than what people think, but I'm sure there are those iffy spots out there that are impossible to see with the snow on top.