Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FI Guide

Farm Island Ice

5 posts in this topic

Havent been up there in about a 3 weeks so does anyone have any reports on the ice thickness?

Most all lakes have good ice closer to shore.Going out in the middle could be a problem in areas that are deep.

I know of several spots close to shore where there are drop offs that would be great eye fishing now.

Thanks CK I will be up there this weekend. I alo know some great spots close to shore to fish. Keep up the good work your very informative for this forum.

FI--let me know how the ice looks when you get back. I am heading there in a week or so. Got spots near shore, but some of them i have to cross some bigger water to reach from the cabin. Would imagine the first break would be fine as far as ice, but after that i would be hesitant

thanks for the update and good luck!!

Thanks FI.....it's been making ice.The snow is settling which will help as the air dissapates from the fluffy snow.

I'd say in a week we should have no more thin ice issues.Except by moving water like creeks.

Good luck sticking those walldogs!