Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lunker651

cheapest place to rent ice house?

8 posts in this topic

I've fished there a couple times a year in mille lac but never rented a ice house before. So I'm wondering if any of you can suggest or give the cheapest place to rent ice house. I'm prabably going to rent it for 12 hours or a couple days. I'm heading there the end of this month or the first week of January. Not sure which date yet but I'm going there for sure and want to reserve one ahead.

Hunter Winfields was the best deal last year that I found for a large house. But, that was last year.

you have to call the resorts and find out. a deluxe house will cost more than a bear bones house. another question would be what does the resort offer, i.e. food, bar, nothing, where on the lake are the houses set up, i hope you get my point. cheapest isn't always the way to go. the $5 or $10 saved on the rental you spend on gas and time driving to get something to eat and drink. if you are planning on bring up all your food and drinks make sure that the house has cooking facilities, not just a 2 burner hot plate. with all the resorts up here, they offer alot of choices................tom fellegy

Try walleye dundee. We went their last winter 150.00 for the weekend for a 4 hole sleeper house

I would agree with Tom. Many resorts offer different type housing and the extras that are included. If your looking for a less expensive trip and yet a house with all the fixing, I would suggest you look into going during the week.

With less travel on the lake, the fish seem to cooperate better and th fees can be considerably less. I always try to do the mid week trips.

Its also nice to have a house with everything working and dome will even stop by a few times a day to see if everything is ok and how things are going.

Usually one receives what they pay for. Many great resorts on the big pond and I would really call around to find just exactly what you are looking for.

One could contact these two resorts as I can say that they do give great service and have nice houses.

Check out the two sponsors at the top of the page. They may not be the cheapest on the lake but you should be happy with what you receive from them for service.

We went the cheapest way one winter and that is exactly what we got. Went in and paid, they pointed to where the house was, didn't see them again until it was time to check out. Sleeping conditions weren't good, the house didn't stay warm because of drafts, also don't think the house was moved since they put it out there, and no fish were caught, marked, or seen on the camera. I'm not going to bash their business by saying the name but the cheap way isn't the best way unless you just want to drink beers and play cards.

Hunter's Point last year on the other hand was great. Came out to check on us once or twice a day and gave us tips to where to go with the portables. Also have heard nothing but good things about the sponsers on this site.

If you're looking for something that's

inexpensive

in good working condition, but not fancy

run by a guy that I've never heard a negative comment about

Garrison Sports is worth considering.

The only thing I negative for me is there's no cook stove in the sleepers.

If you want something a little nicer, but still for a reasonable price , P Waldo is your guy. (by the way, I've never heard any negative comments about him either)

ANyone stayed at Hunter Winfield Resort.

i saw them at the Ice show in Stpaul and they sounded really nice and have a nice set up! thinking of going out there this winter sometime just wondering what you guys have heard

thanks