Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceintheHole

Prior Lake

61 posts in this topic

Just looking for any ice and fishing reports mostly just ice reports.

the ice is in bad shape out there. i went out this afternoon and got about ten feet out in one of the bays and started poking around. 2 inches at best. i tip toed back and got on from a different spot found 3 inches and everything had about 6 inches of slush. wish that snow would have held off. if i were you i wouldnt go anywhere near the main lake. also the west part of the bay near the main lake was 2 inches at best.

Yeah mother nature is real (Contact Us Please) right now, we should have 10+ right now instead we have the worlds largest snow cone. If you don't mind me askin were where you checkin at. BE SAFE.

Thats were I was thinking of going sunday afternoon Thaks for the report. Maybe we could get together and try out carls sunday afternoon if you are interested,provided the ice is safe. I've heard a few reports of guys being out there its alot shallower might have froze over better before all the snow. Rather go out with somebody then by myself this time of year.

Yeah, for sure. Im going down to SW MN this weekend but Ill be back up for Sunday afternoon. Ill give you a shout this weekend. I may have another little spot that was good last year early ice. Im going to head out there tomorrow and check it out. We'll talk again later and see what we want to do.

That would be great I have a few things to do in the morning but after noon is wide open for me I just have to get out some where I'm going nut. kiesner17@yahoo.com email

Went out and checked Paradise bay tonight. There was one portable out there. Guy happended to be going back out to the portable when I got there and he said there is about 3" of ice out there, with some slushy spots. He said there were about 10 guys out there this afternoon. Might try it tomorrow night. Anyone else have anything to report?

2-3"slush on top of 4-6" good ice on upper prior as of 30 minutes ago. Just finished loading the gear in my truck and headed back down to fish. I have no idea what it is like around the launch, as I access the lake on private property. I did see two guys ntrekking out to Twin Island while i was out there.

Thanks for the report. I was think about putting my small fishhouse in the deep hole in front of the twin island?

Hows the ice still slushy or did last nights cold harden it up?

Still slushy under the snow.

Paradise sucked today - Just small stuff.

I was on upper prior last night.It was still slushy in spots, the ice was 4-6". I finally got off the lake at 10 last night. Ended the night with 3 crappies and 2 walleyes. Had fish coming thru all night, but they were very finicky.

Tonight I fished with 2 other guys on lower prior and we got 3 eye's. All caught dead sticking fatheads. Not as much slush and better ice where we were, ice was 5". Still have to be checking the whole time you go out. There were 2-3 wheelers and I saw one sled cross the lake!! Personally it's too early for any vehicles. With the cold temps it won't be long, she was poppin last night pretty good!

Thanks for the reply. Sounds lilke good fishin to me. I'm going to put my house out next weekend out by the deep hole by the twin island. Should have good ice by then. GOOD FISHIN AND BE SAFE !!!!!! Any size ???

Hows the ice maken going any good reports ice or fishing

The slush froze, about 6" of ice, Wheelers and sleds out, fish are there to be had.

WAS OUT ON SAT. IN ONE OF THE BAYS ON THE NW SIDE 10 HOUSES OUT THERE WALKED TO THE MIDDLE OF THE BAY 11 FOW ICE SUCKED LOTS OF SOFT SPOTS AND THE FISH WERE PRETTY SLOW. GOING UP NORTH TO PELICAN THIS WEEK. HOPE FOR BETTER ICE AND BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!!

HEY WHERE WERE U ON PRIOR? THERE WAS 6''?

Should be a good weekend althought its going to be pretty cold. Be Safe and Good Fishin

i have been out the last two nights and we were sitting on 6" plus in front of the sportsman access. and the fishing is going really good.

Sounds good you guys should be smacken some eyes out there.

Was over at a store in Lakeville this afternoon. From the chatter I overheard from several employees, there should be plenty of company out there the next few days!!! I haven't been on the lake yet, will be very soon, but reliable reports are along the weed edge in Paradise. grin.gif

any reports from the weekend ice or fish? and is sportsmans access on the uppper lake, kind of by twin island?

Sportmans access is off of 42, on Lower prior. It is on the north end of the lake

I went out to Prior Lake this afternoon. Everyone else did too. The fishing was slow. Little tiny sunfish. Little tiny crappies.