• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Ultimate Panfish League - Rochester (UPLR) - Ice ('07/'0

The Ultimate Panfish League – Rochester (UPLR) - Ice dates and locations are set for 2007/2008.

• Monday, December 10 - KR7 (Kalmar)

• Saturday, December 15 - MS River Backwaters (Pontoon Slough)

• Saturday, December 29 - MS River Backwaters (Finger Lakes)

• Monday, January 7 - Willow Creek

• Saturday, January 12 - Lake Zumbro

• Monday, January 21 - Chester Woods

• Saturday, January 26 - Lake Zumbro

• Saturday, February 2 - MS River Backwaters (Dike Road) - Canceled

• Monday, February 4 - Mystery Lake*

• Saturday, February 16 - Canceled

• Monday, February 25 - Mystery Lake*

• Saturday, March 1 - Lake Zumbro

• Monday, March 10 - Foster Arends

• Saturday, March 15 - Silver Creek

The UPLR is brought to you by:

- TylerHolmoutdoors.com

- Hooked On Fishing Bait & Tackle

More information can be found on the www.tylerholmoutdoors.com/uplr/ website, or feel free to post any questions or comments right here.

Good Luck to everybody tonight. I've been hearing the ice is 6-7+" out on KR7 and the bite is strong. I suspect many fish will be brought to hand tonight.

Our next UPLR event is this Saturday in the Mississippi River backwaters off the Wabasha dike road on Pontoon Slough.

Mike Smith, owner of Hooked on Fishing will be running this event along with all the Saturday morning events.

Please view the UPLR Website for updates.

The results are in for the UPLR event on Pontoon Slough.

UPLR Results

Our next event is also in the MS River backwaters on the Finger Lakes. This event is on Saturday Dec 29th.

How was the ice and the fishing overall at Pontoon Slough for the tournement? I've never been to one as I work weekends, but was planning on hitting that one as I had the day off but the starter went out of my truck in the morning. thus I have not made it out ice fishing yet and was wondering how the fishing was? It was good there last year, but alot of little ones.

Tyler,

You have this thing down to the "T", nice going and I hope it grows into one of the biggest Mid-west events for panfish. cool.gif

Quote:

How was the ice and the fishing overall at Pontoon Slough for the tournement? I've never been to one as I work weekends, but was planning on hitting that one as I had the day off but the starter went out of my truck in the morning. thus I have not made it out ice fishing yet and was wondering how the fishing was? It was good there last year, but alot of little ones.

The ice is good in pontoon with report of 7+" in most areas. Fish were easy to find and catch, but many smaller fish. Crappies came tough, but a few were caught.

Quote:

You have this thing down to the "T", nice going and I hope it grows into one of the biggest Mid-west events for panfish.

can't wait till i can fish these events.

hey tyler, any talk of a state championship? top three reional guys meet for a big statewide upl tourney? just wondering cool.gif

how do i get in on this? me and a couple buddies are interested...can u just go to select events? sounds like a good time!

which lake do you have this tournment on or is it on all of them(the fingers) and can anybody enter? thanks

Quote:

how do i get in on this? me and a couple buddies are interested...can u just go to select events? sounds like a good time!

The best thing you can do is send me an email to get on the UPLR email list. I send out about 1 email a week with all the details of each UPLR event. I also post general details here. You can go to any event you wish. It's 100% payback for each event. Basically all you have to do is show up at the designated UPLR event registration location. If you haven't already, please visit the UPLR website (link in my signature) for all the details.

Quote:

which lake do you have this tournment on or is it on all of them(the fingers) and can anybody enter? thanks

Anybody can enter any of the UPLR events. Mike, owner of Hooked on Fishing Bait and Tackle is running the Saturday morning events, so I'm not exactly sure the boundaries for the finger lakes. You could call or stop by HOF and talk to Mike, or drop me an email and I can get you in contact with him.

The results are in for the UPLR event on the Finger Lakes.

UPLR Results

Our next event is Monday Jan 7th on Willow Creek 5:30-9:00. Hope to see many of you there. The bite is really hot out there right now.

**NOTE** The event on Saturday Jan 12 has been moved from Lake City to Lake Zumbro.

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout for the Willow Creek event this next Monday evening. I've even heard it rumored that a custom ice fishing rod donated by DLF Custom Fishing Rods is available for a random giveaway.

Originally Posted By: edgeucator
are these events open to anyone, if not how do you join?

These event are open to any and everybody. All ages welcome. Beginner, or advanced, or in-between, or knowledge seekers. There really is no signup, except for showing up at an event. If you like to be added to the UPLR email list, send me a quick email. I send out about 1 UPLR email a week with results, updates, and upcoming event information.

These are just small local events that see anywhere from 10-30 participants. Friendly $10 buy-in, and 100% payback. Even if you don't finish in the money, the information learned from these events is worth the $10. You will get the chance to see and ask what people were using for tackle, bait, etc. You'll see where the winners were fishing, and you might learn what depth was producing, etc. The next time you visit that lake you will be armed with all this information, thus increasing your chances at success.

Anybody have a current ice thickness report for Lake Zumbro near The Ponderosa campground? Cars, 4 Wheelers, or should I bring a life jacket?

Anybody have any good suggestions on where to fish for the Saturday tournament? Is there good fishing near the campground?

There were several cars, trucks, and 4 wheelers out there on Tuesday morning. The heaviest I saw as a full size Chevy extended cab.

I have not drove my 4 door Dodge Dakota out yet. The ice is around 11" think in the middle of the lake where I fished on Tuesday.

I've heard of people doing OK fishing in the bay(s) just north/west/left of the public Pondy landing. I've never tried it thou.

we fished zumbro last weekend and slayed the sunnies. we fished in front of fishermans inn i used a pink jig with a waxy in about 10 feet of water the fish were on the bottom. one of the sunnies i caught was 12oz and a lot of them were right behind that

Hope to see many of you out there in the morning. If anybody is interested, meet me at Hooked on Fishing Bait and Tackle Sat morning at 7:00am. From there I'll head to the Ponderosa boat ramp on Lake Zumbro which is where registration takes place.

We had 31 contenders this past weekend on Lake Zumbro. The results have been posted on the UPLR website.

Our next event is Monday Jan 21 on Chester Woods. Again, please view the UPLR website for additional details.

Due to schedule conflicts, the Feb. 2nd contest is canceled. Sorry for any inconvenience.