• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nokomis

I was out there this afternoon on a 20' hole working towards the beach. Caught some perch on a 1/8 oz jig and various power bait micros over about 16'. Also had a little blue gill on the #3 perch chubby darter over 18'.

Lots of people out today because of the warmth and Friday I suppose.

Saw a lot of people working the point out to the 30' hole on the east side. Not sure if they were having any luck. And 2 flip overs later on by the north east side of the bridge.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chode2235

• SkunkedAgain

• WiLD

• bailey27

Where and what time is everyone planning on heading out there tomorrow? My fishing buddy got sucked into working til noon tomorrow.

I have family committments most of this weekend. I will be out tomorrow bright and early, and will need to be off the ice and home by 10:00.

Stop by and say hi, I have the purple otter and wear my camo. Also, please stop by as I may need to borrow some bait. My eurolarve have mostly died off over the last couple days smile.gif

See you out there tomorrow.

How did everyone do today? I fished the west side right away this morning. Nothing but a few perch. Moved to the east side and fished with tip ups with no luck.

We moved over to Taft lake for awhile to try and get some northerns on tip ups but no luck in the few hours we were there.

Looked for ya today Chode but i didnt see ya. Did ya ever make it out?

No, I didn't make it this morning. I came down with a cold last night and figured I better rest for the gauntlet of the holidays.

Anyone going to be out there tomorrow afternoon? I plan on fishing Nokomis or Harriet tomorrow afternoon and into the evening.

What was the deal last night out there? There was 6-7 houses on the east side point last night...The small perch nibbling???

Anyone scout out Hiawatha lately?

I was able to pull a pretty nice gill out of there a few years ago. That was the only one I have caught though. Saw a bunch of bigger Red bands on the vex, but couldn't get them to bite. Almost acted like crappies....finicky ya know. Those big crappies like those dark lakes. I bet theres a few in there and even a few stragler eyes from high water years from the creek.

I was out on the east side point yesterday afternoon. I was really surprised by the number of people out there. Perhaps due to that 5 lb. bass photo earlier in the thread.

I have fished that spot for the past few years off and on, and never have seen very many old holes there, less 6 other shacks. I hope their luck was good.

I caught a few panfish, no perch though, I was fishing the deep pivot point (or trying to). I had crappies 5 to 10 ft off the bottom and bluegill on the bottom. Nothing of any size and consequence.

Seems to confirm the DNR sampling statistics regarding panfish size. Speaking of those, it appears that the lake is being taken over by bull heads. Is this true?

Have never fished Hiawatha though.

I have not fished Hiawatha except to catch flathead bait. There are a ton of small bullheads there. I've been meaning to get out there to try for gills and maybe northerns, but haven't yet. Maybe next week. If I get out there, I'll let you know how I did.

As for Nokomis, I got out on Friday and spent a few hours before sundown pulling in lots of itty bitty perch. That's been the story for me so far this year.

Lots of people out there today. Especially near the East point. I had some luck with crappies in 24' until my gloves froze solid. smile.gif Wish I had my house with so I could thaw them out and keep fishing.

Has anybody pulled any walleyes out of there yet this year?

No walleyes yet. I have been able to find panfish pretty easily on the lake the few times that I have been out. They are located in classic locations.

However, I have not been able to locate any walleye.

Going to hit Nokomis again this Saturday. Anyone picking up any Pike around the lake? Any tips to share...other then a tip up and minnow?

I'll probably be out there tonight.

I've caught nothing but small perch and crappies, but I have yet to spend much time out there after sundown. I'll be checking out the night bite tonight and I'll post any results I may have.

I'm not sure about pike in that lake... The DNR lake survey says there are none, and I've never caught any.

Did anyone here happen to find a 5" Laser strikemaster hand auger either December 31st after 6:00 pm or January 1st before 1:00pm. It was left along the road near the kiddy beach on the north end of the lake. It's despretly missed. There is a $20 reward for the person that returns it to me.

Thanks!

I HAVE YOUR AUGER-no joke-Found it that morning in the street, wish i had found some fish... I had Bob over at Moores bait Post a "found" sign for it, i was going over there tonight to drop off ...But Ill wait to hear back from you.

call me 612 508 5454.

Never underestimate the power of fishingminnesota.com. The best lost and found on the net!!!

I did not realize there was no Pike in Nokomis. I have caught them on Harriet in the summer and just assumed that they made their way through the system. I will just have to see if I can catch that fat Bass again...it has been a couple of weeks.

Quote:

I HAVE YOUR AUGER-no joke-Found it that morning in the street, wish i had found some fish... I had Bob over at Moores bait Post a "found" sign for it, i was going over there tonight to drop off ...But Ill wait to hear back from you.

call me 612 508 5454.

That's class!

Welcome to fishingmn!

Anyone planning on being out there tomorrow? I was hoping to get out there tomorrow morning for awhile.

I'll be out there tomorrow morning before work as usual. I believe that I'll try working the deep hole on the south end of the lake. Join me if you'd like. Look for the blaze orange suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck recently? I would go out tonite, but its SO &@#% cold out (without a shelter) I wouldn't last 30 minutes!

The Pond Hockey Championship is going on this weekend. I'm not sure how much that would affect the bite, but that's the excuse I'm using to stay in this weekend.

This may be an easy answer, are 4-wheelers alowed on Nokomis?? I saw the crews removing the pond hockey by the beach and a fisherman on a 4-wheeler over by the bridge, I don't know?

I would say no. 4-wheelers are not allowed to be used in the city and gas motors are not allowed to be used in the lake.

They allowed 4-wheelers on Nokomis specifically for the Pond Hockey tourney. The weekend before they were whipping around pretty good setting up and I was catching crappies out at 25 feet. Actually took a few home that were over 10".

When the ice first set in during December, and folks were chatting in this forum about whether it was safe to step onto the ice, I watched them snowplow the first rink one morning while I fished. Although I know for a fact that the government is the only folks allowed on the lake (liquid or solid) with a motor.

This topic has been covered in several other posts. No motors of any kind on most metro lakes, period.

The only exceptions are gas-powered augers and electric-powered trolling motors.