• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nokomis

got to roll around nokomis today on break and saw 2 portibles on the north side and a couple of guys on the west side w/o a shack anyone from here laugh.gifhows the ice?fdr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chode2235

• SkunkedAgain

• WiLD

• bailey27

For anyone who wants, I've made it my personal goal to go fish Nokomis every Friday morning before work. I can't guarantee that I'll make it every week, but I'll try to be there between 6:30-7am to fish for an hour or so. I'll likely fish the east end off of the middle point.

I'll be there this Friday. Feel free to join me if you want.

I think i got the day off on friday so ill give it a shot with ya. Never really fished the east side of the lake but ive always wanted to give it a shot. You plannin on just fishin for some panfish or jiggin for some walleye?

Quote:

For anyone who wants, I've made it my personal goal to go fish Nokomis every Friday morning before work. I can't guarantee that I'll make it every week, but I'll try to be there between 6:30-7am to fish for an hour or so. I'll likely fish the east end off of the middle point.

I'll be there this Friday. Feel free to join me if you want.

Skunked... Send me an email .... [email protected]

Was that you there yesterday morning at 7:30am?

I'll be fishing for whatever is hungry Friday morning. grin.gif I'll probably just grab some wax worms at Moore's bait shop and then head over to fish.

I usually have Fridays off, so I'll be trying out Nokomis then too. I'll be sure to say hi. I'll be the guy with hand-me-down equipment who looks like he doesn't have a clue what he's doing...

Dont think im gonna be able to make it out on friday morning, boss called and i think i have to work. mad.gif Anyone planning on being out there on saturday?

Got out on Cedar today. Caught one decent fish (and a ton of silver dollar crappies), But it just happened to be a 30" tiger muskie. It's hard to release muskies through an 8" auger hole. Caught him on a tip up with a live sucker in 20' and he was shockingly easy to get.

I'll be the guy wearing camouflage and sitting on a bucket. Too bad it's before work or I'd have a cool, refreshing Schlitz in my hand.

Friday mornings s are bad for me as I do have to be to work early that day for a meeting. However, I do get out early then and could/will go in the evening.

As far as this weekend, I am still debating on where to go. Nokomis is a possibility. Especially if you guys confirm that there is some good ice on the lake.

Who has been out this week, and who has an up to date ice report?

Anyone going to be out there Saturday? My buddy has had something come up, and I am not anxious to go out there alone with the early ice.

Im almost positive im gonna be out the saturday. But probably not real early due to possible hangover. wink.gif Where are you planning on fishing and for what? I would be willing to chase some fish with ya.

I might be out there on Sat. We are going out tomorrow (Fri) and Sat and will hit Nokomis one of the two days.

I'll be in the Voyager wearing camo Arctic Armor and my 14 year old boy will be with.

I will likely be out Saturday morning. I have a purple otter and usually wear all my warm camo clothes.

Anyone know how much ice I can expect?

Please feel free to introduce yourself.

Quote:

Anyone know how much ice I can expect?

Monday night there was 5" of ice with slush and snow on top.

I went out this morning from the east point. There was 6 or 7 inches of clear ice, with some frozen gray ice on top. The park had it's 4-wheeled snow blower on the ice making way for the hockey rink near the west beach. The ice was very solid and I could hear the lake making more. There was no slushy ice, just indications that it was slushy previously.

The snow is only an inch or two deep in most spots, and there is bare ice in many locations so it is now making good ice.

One crappie on an airplane jig.

Stopped out and talked to a guy fishing out there. Bunch of small perch 5" of ice.

What part of nokomis is everyone planning on fishing saturday? Ill be out there probably for most of the day. Ill be out there in my carhartts sittin on a bucket. Stop by and say hi if your out there.

I fished the north end today by the inlet. I had one bullhead and constant nibbles on my waxies but no takers on my tip-up/sucker. I'll be out early again tomorrow (Sunday morning) to make it three days in a row. I'll probably try the west side near the boat landing. There's been a fish house over the a lot recently so I'd like to try that spot. I just didn't feel like crowding them this morning.

If anyone wants to stop by, I'll be wearing my blaze orange one-piece again.

Wild, I think that might've been me you talked to on Friday night. I didn't stay too much longer... I got frozen out and the 3" to 5" perch weren't making much of an argument for me to stay.

I'll probably be getting out for a while later on this week, mostly in the late afternoon / evening. Maybe see you out there. Good luck getting off work.

Saturday i fished the north end right away. Got one tiny perch so i moved to the east side point. I think i was fishing right next to you for a while skunked. Well same story on the point one small perch. So i called it a day.

Husker ya that might have been me, i decided to stop out after work and see how people were doing. I was in a camo jacket.

I snapped this quick pic of my brother with about a 5lb Bass that we pulled up out of Nokomis on Saturday. Also pulled in about a dozen tiny Perch/Sunnies/Crappies. Does anyone get into any Panfish with size on Nokomis?

mattanderikonnokomiscz5.jpg

Very nice fish! That's the best bass I've seen, or heard of from Nokomis. smile.gif I don't know about any descent sized panfish, I kind of doubt it. I haven't fished Nokomis for years, but one fall, way back when, I did catch a pair of 8lb walleyes off the land point on the east side near the deep hole. I have heard of many pretty large muskies coming out of this lake too. Anybody else find any good bass in this lake?

For the most part the panfish are small in my experience at all times of year. Some decent(not huge, but decent) crappies are in the lake, but I fish vexilar-less and in my experience the crappies tend to suspend a lot in Nokomis. Lots of small walleyes at last light and into the night, but again they will be small on the most part, but i have seen some bigguns come out of there as well.

That's also the biggest bass ive seen out of there, don't expect that too often!Nice fish!

My bro holding the fish is 6'5" tall to put the fish in perspective. We did not put a tape on it, but it was a tight fit up my 7" hole. I think it is about time to upgrade the hand auger to a little bigger gas powered.

Nice lookin' bucketmouth! I haven't see any bass of any quality come out of that lake, let alone one that size.

I have seen good sized walleye come out of Nokomis, but not much in the way of panfish. They're all pretty small, at least the ones I've seen / caught.

The carp get huge, though... wink.gif

Anyone planning on being out there on saturday? A buddy of mine is coming back from college this weekend and were gonna probably head out there and try for some walleye and crappie.

Wow! Thats a great fish, anywhere in the state, but especially for Nokomis. Glad to see someone finally caught something at that spot. I have been trying there for what seems lilke forever without any luck.

I have never caught any big panfish, but you can find a few decent ones too. Nothing to write home about though.

Thats a great fish though, glad to see someone is catching something.

I was out there this past weekend, and I had to search pretty hard to catch the fish. I think I talked to Skunked as I was walking out Sat. morning, I didn't know it at the time until I started reading the threads.

I tell you though the fish are pretty picky in terms of location, they are stacked up pretty good but you have to look.

Yeah, that was me if you were the guy on the north end asking about the ice and where springs were located. I should have moved around like you did to find some better spots, but as usual, I was too lazy and just sat there playing with the bullheads.

I'll be out there on Friday morning again around 6:30am off the east point again. I might go out Saturday as well, but that's a maybe. I've got to work on my snowmobile trailer too.

Yeah that was me. I think I have ADD and find myself moving around a lot.

I wont be able to make it Friday, but will likely be out Sat morning again.

Week #2 - Friday Morning Fishing Club Report -

No fish, several bites. A few people came out and fished next to me off of the east point.