Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stalkofta

Centerville?

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the gas station in Centerville still sells minnows? I usually go to Vados, but I have to backtrack if I head in that direction to fish.

Yes they do. They were out last Saturday, He told me it was on its way last Sunday.

BEEN OUT TO PELTIER? IF SO DO YOU FEEL SAFE WALKING OUT THEIR YET?

Drove by this morning. Guys fishing about 50yds out from the pier. Some have wandered out further. Probably a bit 'iffy' in spots. I got to look thru one hole and the ice looks 'ok' - not great - about 6" out from the pier. I'd feel safe there. But out further?

THANKS MUCH. GOOD TO KNOW! I WILL HAVE TO KEEP THE YOUNG ONE HOME UNTILL THEIR IS MORE ICE.

Thanks for the update!

I would like to get out there as soon as it is safe i may try to go out a little ways tomorrow.. Has anyone heard how the fish are biting at least? Thanks again!

Ryan

I might head out there tomorrow and go noon to dark. I got the itch real bad. If anyone wants to help probe the ice and fish, come out! I'd feel more safe with a backup. I'll post tomorrow morning to confirm.

i am going to go check the ice on turtle lake in a few hours hopefully... if there is 4" there then i will walk out there tomorrow or on the weekend. if not then i may be on peltier tomorrow or on the weekend but wouldnt beout till around 230 or 3 since i have school.

Later,

Ryan

I CANT DO ANYTHING TILL SATURDAY THAT INVOLVES ICE FISHING STUCK WORKING TILL 6 NEED DAYLIGHT B4 I START TRAVELING ON ICE. frown.gif

didnt have time to check turtle out it was dark before i could go(i hate daylight savings time) but i am going to try a little pond that i know of tomorrow to see if i can get something out there...

Later,

Ryan

stalkofta,

I'll be out there tomorrow. Maybe we could find a few. I"ll be in a green one man Eskimo or towing blue sled.

i may go out on a little pond tomorrow if i can get out if not i will be out on peltier... never fished this lake though so i would not know where to start.. Any help?

Thanks,

Ryan

The fish are biting. Morning and evening is best. Fish in at least 12ft or deeper. I will be out there again Saturday afternoon/evening.

How is the ice doing on Peltier? Also with main st being closed where are you guys accessing the lake?

Off old mill road.

You can also access the lake from the fishing pier parking lot area.

They walk on there. It is getting busy out there.