Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Only Eyes

Walleye Dan

20 posts in this topic

Do you carry the Artic Armor Regularry or is it something you have to order? Probably coming up on fri and would like to try some on. What hours are you open this weekend? Heard you were in the old car wash bld in Nisswa is that accurate?

We do try to carry a good stock of Arctic Armor suits and gloves. We were at the Ice Fishing Show in St. Paul this weekend and got cleaned out of some sizes. We should have a new order coming in on Wed. or Thurs.. We will be around all weekend. I can meet you about anytime if you give me a 10 minute heads up. We will be at the shop quite a bit this weekend thinking that we will have a lot of Christmas shoppers. We still don't have set hours, and yes we are in the remodeled carwash/laundromat building.

Thanks,

Walleyedan

Alright sounds good. I'll give you a shout or catch up with you at the store. what happened with Gull I saw it forze over before it snowed on sat. Hopefully it opened back up after that. We need at least one lake with good ice this year.

Thanks for the reply.

P.S. Are you also in the minnow buisness?

See ya this weekend. I believe Gull is frozen (barely) and snow covered. Not the most ideal situation, but there are areas in the area that are fishable. One of our guides was out the other night and bagged a couple of walls. I am not in the minnow business, still thinking about that can of worms. We are selling Arctic Armor (camo and red)suits and gloves, some custom ice rods and open water rods, some Walleyedan/Arctic Fisherman tip-ups with lasered W.D. logo and embroidered W.D. flag, some hats, t-shirts, sweatsirts and whatever else might sound like a good idea.

Walleyedan

Quote:

I am not in the minnow business, still thinking about that can of worms.

Which is it Dan? Minnow business or worm business? confused.gifsmirk.gif

I think worms, Gummy Worms.

W.D.

Dan,

Did you decide if you were planning on renting artic armor?

I haven't decided, what do you think should we? It wouldn't be too tough. Rent to own? I think it might be a good idea. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Walleyedan

Rent to own?!?! I like that idea.... On my horrible Brainerd area salary it is the only way I could afford it.

Very nice idea.

I am only asking as I will be up at the in-laws (on upper gull)over the holidays and am curious about seeing what all the "fuss" is about.

I really don't need a new set of bibs this year, but will be serious looking for next year. But would love to have some on the ice experience with the product.

So if I rent them all winter I can own them by the summer, right? Like a payment plan smile.gif

I do think the idea is a pretty good one, especially if easy to do on your end. Especially for all of us who like to try before you buy, or the group of people who go out on the ice only a couple times a year and cant justify the purchase for limited use.

If anything I would like to come and look at them sometime. It seems to be a great product.

Rent to own an Artic Armor suit! Sounds like you are talking about a car not a $300.00 clothing item. Hey Dan I will take a pair of the those used bibs the guy returned with the _____ stain on them. Am I the only one this seem odd to?

I do see the rent to own thing a little odd, but the idea of being able to use it for a full day or weekend to see how it performs sounds like a great idea. Also a good way to get the product on the lakes for other fisherman to see.

O.K., just buy a set. I was thinking you rent a set for such or such and if you are impressed, we will take the rental fee off of the retail price. That's odd? Alright then.

Walleyedan

Dan, this may sound dumb but what do you wear underneath your AA? I can't seem to go light enough to not sweat even plowing on the wheeler. At this point I'm thinking maybe a t-shirt and jeans? Thanks Dan

You have to figure it out according to what your body says. My body says to wear jeans (no long johns) and then an Under Armor shirt, and a couple of other layers on top before the jacket goes on.

Walleyedan

Thanks Dan, never had to worry about being too warm before I got the AA, hope all is going well for you, don't know if you remember us but I can't get the WalleyeDan hat off my daughter.

Jumping in here to say it was nice to meet you and the Mrs. at the Ice Show.The AA set has worked great so far,and will get the workout on the ice this weekend.Thanks,again, for stepping up and distributing such a great product.Folks, buy a set of Arctic Armor wear from WalleyeDan.You won't be disappointed.

Dan,

I read the article about the jumping in the lake to demonstrate the AA. The writer said AA wasn't waterproof!! I assume it is!?

Thanks Rock! Nice to meet you too and thanks for the good words. Enjoy your suit and don't test out the floating capability, trust me it works. Remember, it won't prevent hypothermia and it is NOT a certified PFD. But it is the ticket and for the price, you won't find a better all purpose cold weather suit. Wahoo, it is waterproof. Thanks.

Walleyedan

I think that when they said it was not water proof they may have meant that it does not keep water out if you are in the lake. It will keep you dry as long as you are not submerged. At least that it was I assume they meant.