Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kais24

Help with heater!

8 posts in this topic

I have a direct vent Empire DV-210 that isn't kicking on. It starts fine and I can keep the pilot light going but it won't go higher than that. I've checked connections on the wall thermostat and that looks fine. (and yes, I switched it from "pilot" to "on.") Any ideas?

Anyone know where I could take it if I can't get it running? I'm up by Forest Lake.

Thanks guys...

Make sure your thermocouple is getting hot enough first.

Also switch tanks in case you don't have a enough pressure.

Sometimes the Empire in my sun porch won't kick in. I've used a paper clip to jump the screws where the thermostat wires are connected. That triggers the ignition and that seems to reset it.

if the pilot stays on it could possibly be the thermopile not the thermocouple which is the larger rod usually to the right of the pilot light

Could possibly be a high limit switch.Bypass the switch and see if it lights.

Call Empire, they are a good company. I had an issue a few years ago and they got me thru it.

Here is the Manual in pdf.

Read and follow those instructions and recommendations, it might solve you problem.

I figured it out... It was a loose wire/screw on the wall thermostat. It kicked right on after I tightened it. I appreciate the answers from everyone... Thanks.