Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waska

roads

9 posts in this topic

will there be any type of plowed road going out of JRs or West Wind for the weekend? (for us walkers)

How much longer to we expect until trucks can get out? this past weekend we found areas with 12 inches, granted that was only 1/2 mile out

I checked the ice yesterday and I found 8-10 inches of ice. Its not going to be enough to plow a road on yet but soon. West Wind won't have a road this weekend but depending on the weather, it will be as soon as the ice is safe for vehicle traffic.

no one even plows a trail with a 4wheeler yet?

On Upper Red a four wheeler trail would last about 1/2 hour with this snow and wind before it became the deepest snow on the lake. Thats why the guys that have been plowing ice roads for the last 30 years make them super wide and super straight then fight 24/7 to keep them open.

Soon the plows will be rolling.

And there are a lot of us who appreciate it, thanks to all of you.

some folks think the road is so wide that they might as well set up their portable in the middle of it! Sorry, I couldn't resist...

shocked.gif I was thinking the same thing!

GOOD ONE,

AND HERES YOUR SIGN!!!

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Quote:

some folks think the road is so wide that they might as well set up their portable in the middle of it! Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Ya that happens from time to time. confused.gifgrin.gif