Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashit

Marcum VS250 Clarity Issue

7 posts in this topic

When comparing my VS250 side by side to a buddy's Aqua Vu Scout (the one on sale last year for $125 after rebate) the Aqua Vu has much better video quality. From everything I've read on here I think the Marcum should be just as good so I'm thinking I have something wrong with mine. I've tried both video inputs in the monitor and I've tried a different battery in case mine had gone bad but it doesn't improve. I don't really notice it when playing with it at home but I do have troubles seeing clearly when it's in the water.

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to send it in and I don't even know what could be wrong but I don't feel it's working as it should. Has anyone compared the cameras side by side?

Thanks.

Matt

Is it out of focus once in the water? Darker picture? Out of water is a good picture but in the water it's not. You see any water inside the camera? Kind of hard to explain in writing but any extra info would help.

It is kind of hard to explain. It isn't necessarily worse in the water, it more seems like the water makes the clarity issue stand out more if that makes sense. I don't think the issue is with the water.

Contact customer service, they'll know what the issue is right away, and if they don't, they'll work to resolve it ASAP.

csr@marcumcustomerservice.com

763-323-0456

Joel

I was hoping to see if there was something I could do without sending it in and I wanted to verify that it should look better. It looks like I'll just have to call them and probably send it in.

You may not have to send it in at all, perhaps there is something they can help you determine over the phone. Give them a call.

I know of at least one fishing show series that utilizes the VS250 (among other cameras) to do film-work, so I'm guessing that something isn't quite right. It's a great camera.

Joel

True.

Even if I do send it in, at least it's not my flasher. I can fish without my camera but it's a lot harder fishing without my flasher.