Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ice fishing maniac

du shane

24 posts in this topic

has anyone been ice fishing there yet any info would be great thanx

yes....

Where is this at?

Thanks

mw

I believe there is a boat landing SE of Hastings about 4 miles on Ravena Trail that is referred to as DuShane's but I think the sign at the landing calls it LoveJoy landing or something like that. I have been there a couple of times and caught many bluegills and limited success on crappies (other people were doing good on crappies).

Dale

Thanks!

Thanks, Dale, much appreciated.

THere was good fishing a few weeks ago... alot has been taken out of there already. Way to many people hit that spot, way to easy to get to.

I live in hastings but have never been to "dushane" is this the truedale slough? There is a DNR boat ramp there on to the vermillion river off of Ravenna trail at the slough. Other than that, not sure of any water big enough to hold fish except the river. Any info would be appriciated as my wife has limited ability to walk far and we like to pan fish.

Bitz

most people fish just to the left of the public access. very shallow, fish very spooky. every where else is a pretty good walk from that parking lot.

Has anybody fished DuShane's lately. I'm think about trying it again this weekend and was wondering what the bite was like lately.

I was there Sunday (27th) with a few friends. We didn't pick up any fish. I was using tipups. My buddies were using jigging rods. My Buddies son had a walleye about 18" swin right by his minnow twice, but no hookups.[sight fishing in 4 ft. water)

There were about 15 other anglers to the left of the landing in shallow water, stretched out along the shore for about 300 ft. but all I saw was a few small sunnies pulled up by the guys right near the landing.

That's the best I can tell ya.

Anybody fishing out there right now? I imagine the ice has got to be close to the bottom. Made it out once this year and did well on some slabbies

Crappie bite startin to pick up?

was there this morning nothing but few lil sunnies

Yeah i went out there yesterday for like a half hr and nothing. Didnt see one crappie even swim by. Then the ice started getting real loud and the whole column shifted a little bit on us, that was crazy, so we called it a day. Heard of big northerns back there this time of year, is that true?

are they (northerns) open year round down there?

i believe so. someone correct me if im wrong

yeah thats open for northerns and walleye there, considered boundrey waters til you get to the train bridge, the from that point its inland waters, they used to catch northerns there, but havnt heard anything good there for few years!!

what's the easiest way to get down there? If you don't want to put it on here you can email me at wks1974@yahoo.com

Thanks,

no secert really from there 61 S to 10th st east and go about 5-8 miles?? not sure how far out of town, but theres a sign out there that say public landing turn there and go right to water!!

Its about 5 6 miles out i would say, you cant miss it just keep your eyes to the left and watch for the big brown DNR water access sign. You'll go straight down to a parking lot, DONT TRY DRIVING OUT lol

I wont, I want to try once the ice starts going to do some casting spoons and cranks

Yep, and when you access off the parking lot, walk to the left, you will see where everyone has been fishing. thats if you are gonna icefish there