Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
chris63

Muskies"Eating machines"

chris63

Just wondering???How much do you think say a 40 inch Musky consumes in a average week?How many 40 inch plus Muskys/Norskys are "Caught and released"in a years time?Im not asking this to drum up trouble,I just really wonder about this!If a 15 lb Musky eats 5 lbs(1/3 his body weight)in a weeks time.Then say there is 1000 40 inch Musky/nortins in the lake then they eat atleast 260000lbs of fish a year.Again just food for thought.c63 grin.gif

otis

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

muskiedreams

better ? is how many walleyes float up on the beach every year. I dont think muskies are doing that much damage 2 the walleye population!

chris63

I don't think they only eat Walleyes do they?c63

maros91

I know they like a fresh Tullibee for dinner. I have heard that is there main course.

hanson

Quote:

I don't think they only eat Walleyes do they?c63

Mmmmmm... Tullibee. Much better choice for a top of the line predator! wink.gif

MuskieSlayer

Yes, they will eat walleye, but in Mille Lacs, their primary forage is perch and tulibee.

There was a study from UWSP a few years ago on the diets of muskie. I don't have a jstor account so I can only find the abstract. If I recall, when comparing the findings to other studies on walleye diets, a walleye diet has a higher percentage of walleyes than than that of a muskie diet.

Although the study was in N. WI lakes, it would likely lead you to a better understanding of the makeup of a muskie diet.

Diets of Muskellunge in Northern Wisconsin Lakes, Michael A. Bozeka, Thomas M. Burria, and Richard V. Frieb.

muskiedreams

no I think all they eat is loons

dolsmi

Quote:

no I think all they eat is loons

laugh.giflaugh.gif HHAAA!!!

chris63

I recall they also try to take the young of the year northerns first as they are the competing fish.Either way you slice 'em Muskys are a blast to catch and see in any body of water!!!!Good replies guys.....c63 grin.gif