• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anyone else ran into water or slush on topn of the ice this weekend. I went to go out on a couple of lakes this past weekend but didn't after getting to the shore and seeing water and slush spots on top. With this snow we got I wasn't about to go out and find a crack by accident and getting wet. crazy.gif

Lots of lakes looking like that right now. Sure isn't going to make good ice with that. All of the weight on the ice from the snow we got is causing flooding just like in the spring.

That was my thoughts exactly! Did you get out at all over the weekend?

Now with more snow falling it's not looking good for awhile. mad.gif

I saw the same thing on Sunday when I went out as well. The snow hid some pressure ridges where I was. It is not going to be a good year for the ice!

No, was still chasing roosters. Am going to try maybe tomorrow but going to stay close to shore on a smaller lake. Snowing really good right now and thats just going to compound the problem with the insulation factor and the weight. Starting to look like a season with extensive use of the portables.

Anyone know if Lk Miltona had ice? Bad getting all this snow when it was making such great ice, it'll give the fish a break this winter!

West end of Miltona has ice, and there've been some portables out. Now has a foot and a half of snow though. No idea how much ice on main lake. BE CAREFUL. Still seeing slushy spots out on Geneva with the new snow...water is still seeping through.

when I went out there was 8 inchs of ice then 1 inch wet slush then 2 inchs of compact snow. hard to tell what was what only some spots had water underneith. but the fishing was awsome all but them pesky bass that decided to feed