Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muc33

Need help

4 posts in this topic

Hello, Next Monday I have to travel to Fargo for work and will be there Monday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon. Is there any good spots to hit some good panfish or walleye action if I bring my portable and gear along? I of course want to fish in MN. Looking for suggestions!!!! Last thing I want to do is veg out in a hotel two nights.

Swede Grove might be as good a spot as any unless you want to drive to DL -- then I would talk to F-Dog about Deadshot bay on Detroit.

Swede can be hit or miss, but on Deadshot you can at leasst have fun.

DL is only 30 miles -- might be worth it. The safest bet.

thanks hitman, anybody else got some suggestions? Not looking for trophy lakes, or fish, just some action. All will be released.

after the new snow we got today (6" and counting), It will be tough going busting through the deep snow and slush. If you are still thinking of venturing out, I'd pick a lake that froze early, they will have the thickest iceand will be in better shape than some of the later freezing lakes around here. Little Detroit, Height of Land, etc. There were reports of bad slush even on those lakes last weekend, I can't imagine how bad it is now frown.gif