Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magnum mike

Ice / fishing report

3 posts in this topic

We spent Saturday looking for some crappies on some area lakes. We tried a few lakes about 1000 acres in size and mid 2o foot maximum depths. We found 4-6" of good ice and lots of hungry perch but no paper mouths. We were going to check again Sunday to see what impact the snow had on the ice but decided to head out and take care of snow removal at home.

heres my report. fished 2 different lakes, 1 sat, 1 sun near talmoon. did get fish, 5 inches of ice snow covered. we hand pulled houses out as I require 6-7 inches for ATV use. got snow sat nite. second lake sunday same amount of ice but all kinds of holes in ice where water was oozing up. by 4pm had half inch of water on fishhouse floor. fishin trip over. with more snow on the way i wont be in any hurry to go back with all the water on the ice. been there, done that NO FUN.the fresh fish did taste good sunday nite though.

I was thinking about keeping some of the perch but I was in a crappie state of mind. Now I wish I had kept a couple because the fresh fish sounds good.

I'm with you. I'm staying home for a while until the lakes dry out and freeze up. Slush will ruin a fishing trip in a big hurry.