Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terrible_fisherman

Rice or Big

2 posts in this topic

Did anybody get out on Rice or Big Lake over the weekend? I meant to try both but had some issues come up that stopped me from doing any fishing. I did check the ice out Big before it got dark on Sunday night but there was only about 2.5 inches of ice in the spots I checked.

I saw some portables out on Big in a different area of the lake so am wondering if there was more ice in other spots or if those people are just a little more liberal on the ice then myself.

I wouldn't trust either right now.

With all this new snow, and more coming tommorrow, it is going to be a real mess. mad.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• borg0196
      BeardyBuddha hit me up this winter, we can go out together. I know some backwater action for ice.
    • borg0196
      leech flutter spoon!
    • eyeguy 54
      thx for the info guys.  maybe we can pop a video or 3 up in a month or so with the different setups. Might have a foot of ice to play with.  
    • eyeguy 54
      not eating. just thinning the herd. took out 5 last week
    • borg0196
      You can use the clam plate with the k-drill, they make an adapter. The K-drill recommends a minimum of 725 or 750 for torque, so you almost have to get the higher end drills. The newer Clam has the gear box which will double your torque with a 2:1 gear ratio. You can pick up the conversion box for $70. They had a deal on those at the show last weekend, as well as the K-drill. The K-drill cuts through the ice like butter, if you get the clam plate and conversion box, you should be able to still get double the torque then. So Clam plate $70, plus the Clam conversion box ($70), and add in the K-drill ($215), and I already have a drill. Brings the total up to $355. But don't have to purchase gas or propane or, light weight, no fumes. I will let everyone know how it works out.