Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
stick

Snowblower Wheel Engagement Problems

stick

I fought my snowblower yesterday as the engagement of the wheels did not want to go. They would rotate in a choppy manner, and I mostly ended up pushing the snowblower most of the time. Sometimes it seemed with some pushing power, the wheels would engage and at the slightest resistance (grass edge or big pile of snow) the wheels would go back to intermittent and choppy mode.

It is about a 10 year old Murray that has always worked well for me.

Any suggestions as to a potential fix?

Big-Al

I had a similar problem with my Ariens. It was much worse in reverse than forward. Turned out it was a drive disk that needed replacing. I took it in to a dealer last spring and and he did a complete service along with the disk replacement for $80. Works like brand new.

skunk-ape

You may need to shorten the cable that engages the drive. There should be a nut you can tighten to do this.

If the handle you use to engage drive isn't as tight as it used to be, this is probably what the problem is.

stick

Thanks guys. I'll check the adjustment and if I strike out bring it in for a "physical". It's probably about time.

Bobby Bass

There is a rubber donut that makes contact with the platter that drives your wheels. When the rubber wears down you have metal on metal. So sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Tightening the cable will add more pressure, metal on metal. After ten years I would be 99% sure that the rubber has worn out. Not a hard repair job to do yourself. You can access the plate from the bottom of the thrower. Tip thrower on it's front Remove service plate on the bottom. You will see the platter and the rubber donut. Part runs around 20.00 and are common. Just did one a few weeks ago.

wishing for walleyes

Everything Bobby just said.The rubber disc is a called the friction disc.Very easy to change.

stick

BINGO gentlemen. I took the lower cover off, and the friction wheel is in bad shape. There still is rubber but it's not in good shape. That explains the choppy wheel engagement. I will try to find parts today and fix it tonight.

stick

You guys saved me some money on this one. $13.60 and 15 minutes and she's running like a dream. I almost blew all of the snow out of my yard I was having such a good time.

Northlander

My handle pin broke on mine so I figured while I did that I would do the same deal you did and boy does she move and blow snow now. WAY better than before. Mine had no rubber above the metal groove. Glad I read this or I would have brang it to the shop. Im not very mechanical.

Like you day stick a little time and $12 for the part and Im ready to rock.

A BIG THANKS to all you FM gear heads who help out guys like me get things done and save money! I love this site! grin.gif

Tomorrow I change the oil. Im feeling cocky now. wink.gif