• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

grand lake

grand was the first lake i hit last year at first ice and i got skunked. I fished it 4 times this summer/fall and only got 2 walleyes. Is this lake on a down swing? Anybody notice the same? Going somewhere on tuesday gl all.

I fished it probably 4 times last winter had very little luck, just small panfish. But it is suppose to be a great walleye lake and pike lake if you know where to go. Myself i havent found where to go but i probably wont give up right away, ill be back a few times. My advice just try different spots around the lake.

last mo. i spent 6-8 hours jigging and troling. I caught 2 northerns one about 3lbs and about a 5 pounder. Caught them both in 30-32 feet trolling deep diving raps looking for walleyes down by the underwater point. I hope thats helps.

I did pretty well the times I went to Grand last winter. I usually wait til I can drive on it though. Weedlines are usually good for pike and I like the bar for walleyes.

I know what side the weedlines are on, but where is the bar is it the north side i think? I might have my directions messed up.

I like the one on the East/Southeast side. Look at a lake map and you can't miss it. I just drill a bunch of holes and drop the camera to see how it looks. Hole hop around with a jigging spoon, and put a tip-up with a shiner either deep, on the break, or shallow depending on the time or light conditions.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Grand can really be a tough lake to figure out! I've done very well at times and struggled the next. It does have a good population of walleyes, decent pike, nice crappies and lots of sunfish. If you're not finding what you're looking for keep moving. They are in there. Sometimes very deep and other times quite shallow.

Good Luck!

Would be nice if it were on the Lakemaster chip. I just hope I saved some of the spots I worked pretty hard to find last winter.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Quote:

Its on the Navionics Chip!
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

Well then you should have it all figured out then. wink.gif