• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Polaris atv question

weld1

Question

Hello all, I have a question i hope someone can help with, i have a polaris sportsman 500 i like to take ice fishing, trouble is if i put a person on the back and/or hook a trailer to it with a little heft it really squats the rear end even with the springs cranked up, is there something or some kind of kit to stiffen the rear for this purpose? thanks for any help!

2 answers to this question

weld1, Check the Polaris or Dennis Kirk websites, I would think a lift kit or suspension kit would do what you need done. Phred52

Go to a dealer and get the spacer kit. It consists of these rubber things that go between the coils, so they cannot compress as far. I use them on the front for the plow. They are quite cheap(15 bucks) if I recall.