• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

looking at underwater camera's. Got any thoughts on which one?

Looking to buy an underwater camera. Have done a little research, but not alot so far. What do you guys all have? What are some of the must haves? Do's and don'ts? On a bit of a budget I guess. If I can stay under $200 that would be great. But if I need to wait and save up a little more to get the right one I will.

I will mainly be using in lakes of southern minn. You know the ones. The lakes that vary from 2' to 10' of visability.

I figured there would be guys here with better and more reliable info than some salesman. What do you all have?

Being that you're on a budget, look towards Aqua-Vu or Nature Vision. Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake has some great deals going on camera units. Nature Vision has a $100 camera that is pretty darn nice that would definitely be worth a hard look.

I have a aquavu scout and I am pleased with it. If I fishing for panfish more often I would use it more, but I'm more of an walleye guy. I can really only use the cam during day time hours, even though it comes with nighttime cam, it doesn't work all that well. Water clarity is also a major thing to. If the clarity is under 2ft, don't even bother using it. All and all its worth the money if you can us them most of the time you go out on the ice or in the boat, but if your just looking for something to locate fish when they are close to your lure. I would just save alittle more money and get a Vex or Marcum.

I'm just tossing the idea around. Really it is between a camera, or a different portable. Got an older guide. It a nice little house, light weight easy to pull, but thinking it would be nice to have something a little taller. So Its easier to get in and out of. Decisions, decisions! tongue.gif

I picked up the cabelas camera for $179 it has a 12v rechargeable battery, 7" screen and comes with a nice case. the $99 fish tv takes 10 D cell batteries no case and 5" screen thats why I went with the cabelas brand.It is also made by marcum

My son has a AQUA-VIEW SCOUT that he has had for 2yrs and we have had real good results with it. In fact I just bought the QUAD 4X4 version of the camera up at the Ice Fishing Show in ST Paul. The Scout runs about 130 to 150, the 4x4 about 450. I find it very usefull in knowing what the locator is showing is the fish Im actully after. Good luck on your pick. Maybe Santa will be good to you.

HDRIDER, I can't count on santa anymore. Burnt that bridge a long time ago. lol tongue.gif

I have a scout. It comes in handy when the vexilar keeps lighting up but your not catching anything and also for taking a look at the bottom in a new area but other then that, I leave it home most of the time. I know some who swear by their cammeras but I find my sonar much more useful. I would suggest the new house if that will get you out more because wet lines catch more fish then dry.

I agree. The scout is decent for checking for weeds and other pike habitat. In my opinion all underwater cameras are a waste of money, they break, dont work well at night, 2 feet of vision, lets face it they suck.

I saw that camera for sale in the ad(Cabelas Advanced Angler)...I was wondering if anyone has used this model or is it new this year? I'm thinking it looks pretty good....Anyone know more?

IMHO get the port ice house over the cam(i have a Clam Corps Yukon and love it), but i cant knock getting a cam either. I have an Aqua Vu XL and if u fish with kids, or like me with a girlfriend who considers goin to the mall getting outdoors, then the cam is the way to go. Ill go pre-fish (aka excuse to go fishing) then take her out the following day or so, bring the cam and catching panfish no long becomes stairing at a bobber but more like a video game. As long as u can keep fish on the screen u can stay entertained for hours, trust me a day pounding panfish with the gf and watchin her getting a kick out pullin a few panfish threw the ice. I wouldnt miss it for the world.

PS i know guys "Fishing with the gf?!?! are u nuts." There's 6 more days out of the week to fish, id rather be fishing with her then walkin through a d*mn mall

Matt

Aqua View made a ZT 50 last year and it sold for $299.99. Awsome camera alot of the ice team have them. You can get a 10" mag screen for these for around $25, wich gives it a large view if you need it.

( Note form Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

Doesn't the Fish TV come with an adaptor to use a rechargeable battery with it? I thought I saw that somewhere????

Anyone know what I was seeing???

I was fishing Tetonka out from the beach and saw on my camera hundreds of small white dots that looked circular and round sort of like fish eggs. Some of them were fluttering with some sort of wings or fins and some had a black (Contact Us Please) in what appeared to be the middle of them. confused.gif

It does has some sort of adapter but i thought it was either a ciggerette lighter or a plug for a 12v source not sure which one