Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bullzeyez61

camp lake??

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody has any information on camp lake just south of St. Cloud off of highway 10. Everytime I go up to the cabin I see people fishing it. I'm woundering if it's worth droping a line in this winter?

Well if you look at the DNR reports which is usually the first thing i do before trying a new lake it says its full of bullheads and thats all. But we have 10000+ lakes in minnesota so they might not be up to date. Tons of other areas lakes that are worth trying

I've wondered the same thing as well because I would always see people out there. I gave it a try a few times and learned that there are a lot of small pannies and crappies, with a few decent ones on good days. They can keep you busy so a kid may have fun with it but not a lot more than that. I've seen some smaller bass with the aqua vu. Rumor has it that at one time it was a walleye rearing pond, I have never seen a walleye caught or with the aqua vu. Everyone I talked to also said "they heard" of walleyes and were giving it a try. I dropped the camera by one of the perms out there last year and there were six piles of beer cans on the bottom, so I think some of the people are out there to catch a buzz and not so much fish. Not a lake for me, try it if you wish and maybe you'll be suprised but there are many more productive lakes around.

That survey was done in 1980.

Haha yea that might be just a little out of date then.

My brother lives on this lake. I haven't fished it much. The little I have fished caught a ton of little largemouth. There are also sunfish, crappies, pike, and bullheads in there with a few walleyes.