Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
walleyeslayer18

New Prague Area

walleyeslayer18    0
walleyeslayer18

Does anybody know any ice conditions for the lake around New Prague, such as cedar, pepin, twin, any of those lakes?!

ec30_06    0
ec30_06

A few people have been out on the north side of twin.

walleyeslayer18    0
walleyeslayer18

do you know if they were hooking into anything out their or how thick the ice is for that matter?

Lip_Ripper Guy    7
Lip_Ripper Guy

Cedar has been froze up since last Tuesday. I drove by 2 times on Sunday and didn't see anyone fishing yet. It looks slushy from the road. I may get out there today to check the ice.

walleyeslayer18    0
walleyeslayer18

Where lake can a guy go to catch some walleyes, or northerns around here? im going to head out this weekend with the portable but i dont know what lake to head out too...any input would be awesome!

dougger222    1
dougger222

Carls has had a few ice fisherman on it in the past couple days.

Yestersday didn't see a soul on Cedar, checked the North and South sides.

montana49er    0
montana49er

lake cody had about 7" on Mon. night in the narrows. caught a 3#pike and a couple small crappie

walleyeslayer18    0
walleyeslayer18

yea i havent heard much about cedar at al either. Pike and a couple crappies, at leat your catchin some fish! thanks for the updates guys!

Lip_Ripper Guy    7
Lip_Ripper Guy

Cedar is hit or miss. I think it will be mostly miss after a big fish kill this summer. Prior Lake has been fairly consistent. There's a lake to the south of NP that people get quite a few walleyes on early in the season. I'd better not mention the name here though.

walleyeslayer18    0
walleyeslayer18

if you could shoot me up an e-mail with that i would appreciate that! my e-mail is npbaseball18@hotmail.com

krauty    0
krauty

Quote:

There's a lake to the south of NP that people get quite a few walleyes on early in the season. I'd better not mention the name here though.

It has been pretty much fished out now tho...i'll give it a try this weekend.

MNbrewer44    0
MNbrewer44

I heard cedar is aerated and the dnr usually starts to aerate mid summer but was too late this summer and hence the summer kill. anyone know if thats true.

krauty    0
krauty

Quote:

I heard cedar is aerated and the dnr usually starts to aerate mid summer but was too late this summer and hence the summer kill. anyone know if thats true.

I am pretty sure the areater is turned on after ice has formed...

tj417    0
tj417

I know somebody that did well on Cedar this past summer down on the south end on the bluegills.

They're still in there.

jsc1987    0
jsc1987

This last summer the oxygen levels got really low in Cedar, there were 26" to 32" walleyes washing up on shore. frown.gif This summer did hurt the lake but, I think not as bad as most people think.... I hope.

jsc1987    0
jsc1987

Any updates on ice conditions?

Thanks

krauty    0
krauty

Well there was a vehicle on Lexington today! I was on Pepin yesterday and about 8 inches.

AND Joe shoot me a PM

Lip_Ripper Guy    7
Lip_Ripper Guy

I was on Lexington the last 2 days and found 9" of ice max. There were a couple bigger shacks about 14' or so, but I didn't see any vehicles as of Sunday night.

jsc1987    0
jsc1987

Hey, won't let me send a pm for some reason.

Vallejo    2
Vallejo

PM's are disabled on FM.