Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LARZ

Washington?

7 posts in this topic

Thinking about heading to Washington on friday. Just wondering how the ice is now and if you think we will be able to get off the north landing? I checked the ice conditions forum and it didn't say much about Washington. If this snow blew off the ice I would think by Friday there should be 4-6 inches of ice.thanks for the replies.

This week's forecast looks promising. Continue checking the ice reports at the top of the page or I also recommend having a look at the situation for yourself. Ultimately, you're not going to go out unless your comfortable with the conditions.

Mud Bay south of Westwood is getting around 5" or so. The rest was about 3". There were about 6-8 people out Sunday fishing straight out from Westwood. Mud Bay has been frozen up for about a week and a half from Westwood straight out to the grassy point directly east accross the bay so it is a bit thicker. There has been a pretty good crappie bite early on so far. Not setting any records but they are there.

Any secrets BIG DS, was out there today from 2-4 and didn't even mark a fish. Just drilled a bunch of holes all in the 6-11' range.

Haven't been there yet, so take this for what it's woth; typically you need to be right on the cover or parallel to a transition this time of year in 3 - 6' of water for that crappie bite to happen.

Nope, no secrets. I guess its more of a time thing. The guys that have been catching them do have some time invested. In that area of the lake it is more a matter of letting the fish come to you than you finding the school and whacking some slabs. Reel Weeds do wonders over there. I used 'em last year and they definetly helped.

Big DS,How you been? Do you remember who I am? Would you know if the ice on the north side of washington is anygood? Just wondering if I would be able to get out there this weekend if I come home from st.cloud.